Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado Doral, 95 Deville w/4.9 (traded)
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Deville with the 4.9 engine. Recently I started getting the ABS brake light. Whats weird is if I apply the emergency brake and then disengage it the light goes off a few minutes later the light comes back on. What could cause this to happen?

Thanks for the help in advance. :worship:

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS
1,694 Posts
Are you getting the ABS lamp, or the BRAKE lamp illuminated on the dash? The parking brake has no connection to the ABS system, but it will light the BRAKE light. Theres a limit switch that rests on the top of the parking brake pedal that turns that light off and on, if the brake pedal is loose (cable is loose when the brake is released) the pedal can drop down after a little wire and turn the light on. You can adjust the limit switch to give you more travel before it turns the light on.

Other than that I can't figure out why doing anything to the parking brake would have any effect on the ABS lamp coming on if you are actually seeing that.

·
Registered
97 Deville Fwd
18 Posts
my abs light came up .. with the traction control light too. not even spirited driving...

just driving home calmly and they came on... never seen em on again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts