Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2004 Deville the ABS and Traction control light comes on seemingly after hitting a bump in road. It does not go off until the ignition is turned off. I replaced all brakes and checked brake fluid and wires leading out of wheel bearings at the front. Brake lights,etc. work as required. I changed left front wheel bearing a couple years ago. Does anyone thing maybe the right side front wheel bearing unit may need replaced because of the ABS stuff? This is driving me nuts any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Pull the codes as described in sticky at top of forum along with the definitions of codes. Inlcude if current or history. There are links to code definitions in the sticky, otherwise you're just guessing and throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anybody figure this out? My 05 deville just started this, seems like just the front right, but I dont want to start changing everything.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,864 Posts
Did anybody figure this out? My 05 deville just started this, seems like just the front right, but I dont want to start changing everything.
========================
YUP -
step #1 - ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

here is a how-to video -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts