Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cloud9: My husband bought a 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS. Wonderful car!! I just want to get some of the bugs worked out. The ABS and Anti-lock brake lights are on. Also I get the Traction Disabled message. I checked the PCM override to see if the traction had been overridden manually but it hasn't. The PS24 displays "00". I'm getting the following codes: T073 Current, T027 Current, T025 History, S038 Current, S061 History. Could someone help me and tell me what I need to do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 1996 Deville Concours, also showing Code T025, which is LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR fault.
Seems you have to replace the whole hub, but I thought I replaced the sensor only on the other side some years ago. Can you replace the sensor only?

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
i have exactly the same car and exact same problem. you can clear most of the codes (history) i replaced the left front hub and had the wiring checked and still have the lights appears to be the Elctroni Brake Control Module. which i have replaced yet.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Before replacing that EBTCM, check its ground path, a simple solution is to run another ground from the EBTCM to a good ground, then clear your codes. The EBTCM is usually a good reliable unit but when it gets old the ground wire rots out, this might have happened.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Hi guy's I'm a newby to the site and I have a 95 STS with a similar problem. After the car sat for a couple of months in the garage the traction control light and ABS light came on. When I checked the codes it came up with only code T027 LFT FRNT Wheel Speed Sensor continuity fault. Unfortunatley I went ahead and replaced the LFT FRNT hub which made no difference. his ground wire your talking about, wouldn't the codes for all four sensor's be on if there was a bad ground. Just wondering because I can't seem to get rid of it. By the way my car just turned 410,000km with all the original drivetrain, no rebuilts yet.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
My understanding is that the LF speed sensor is the first checked. If a problem is detected the fault registers and the others are not checked. I would check the ground to the EBTCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts