Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker here. Been waiting since 2013 for the 2015, and now have nearly enough saved up to half the cost so my monthly payments are small.

So spent the weekend going over configurations with the wife, and she's hell bent on the Kona interior, so looks like we're going Premium vs Platinum. I do wonder
why interior options have to differ between the models.

Either way we're looking @ the The Premium ESV, raven black and kona brown interior, w/ the power retractable steps, + Entertainment system w/ the 2 overhead dsplays for bluray, and dual independent console seat BluRay players (installed @ the dealership since they're normally platinum and factory won't, however dealership will), side curtains for the back windows ( dealership).

A few questions. Is there anything else besides aesthetics, and the cooler, that I'd be missing out w/ on the platinum? Also for the birds eye view cam, I noticed the luxury that we test drove had it. However it looked as if it only was able to show a few inches from the car on either side. How is the option for everyone else?

Also are the console players independent as in you can hook other sources into them as well as sep blurays and it won't affect the rest? ( mainly for the seat rest ones )

Anything I should look out for / ask to verify @ the dealership or should know prior to sealing the deal ( besides test driving to ensure the vehicle does NOT shake/vibrate. )

This is a big step up from our GMC Acadia, and we're really looking forward to this.

Appreciate everyone's response.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Looks alone is your criteria get the platinum. Value get the premium. If you don't want the ACC which you will regret if you don't, take luxury. The rest is just gravy. If price is a contention luxury puts you in an escalade.

·
Registered
NONE
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks alone is your criteria get the platinum. Value get the premium. If you don't want the ACC which you will regret if you don't, take luxury. The rest is just gravy. If price is a contention luxury puts you in an escalade.
My apologies I'll revise my text, as I had stated we were getting the premium, with Kona interior and black exterior, along with the features I declared, my question was mainly about some of the features as well as what to do at the dealership. Many apologies if it confused you, I'll try to revise it better.

What is the ACC you speak of?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
busters said:
My apologies I'll revise my text, as I had stated we were getting the premium, with Kona interior and black exterior, along with the features I declared, my question was mainly about some of the features as well as what to do at the dealership. Many apologies if it confused you, I'll try to revise it better. What is the ACC you speak of?
Since you are getting the premium, it comes with ACC or adaptive cruise control. It is pretty much standard when you say premium vs platinum. Platinum meaning all leather interior, wheels, grille, massage seats, headrest dvd, cooler, etc.

Depending on where you're located, you can get supplier discount incentives from sticker.

·
Registered
NONE
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you are getting the premium, it comes with ACC or adaptive cruise control. It is pretty much standard when you say premium vs platinum. Platinum meaning all leather interior, wheels, grille, massage seats, headrest dvd, cooler, etc.

Depending on where you're located, you can get supplier discount incentives from sticker.
I'm in Phoenix AZ, what do you mean by "from sticker" I'm intrigued. Also thank you for the explanation, I meant the premium/premium since the platinum does not come w/ Kona interior, we had to go w/ the Premium model.

I'm currently looking into discounts and deals we can use to help bring this down slightly, that + any corporate incentives, however since its a 2015 I don't think they'd apply.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV w/Kona Brown Interior
10 Posts
I say get the premium - i was able to score a premium that had options totaling $91k for $77k ($14k discount) but it had miles on it from a GMC executive.

The kona brown interior and the natural wood is absolutely amazing and it came with the HUD and the ACC

It even ate up the negative equity on my 2013 suburban ltz, so I'm quite the happy camper!

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
I too bought the Premium since I would never use the cooler or the massage seats...for the wheels, grille...which I was indifferent to, so I saved a few thousands getting a Premium over the Platinum. I rather take that extra few thousands and get myself another sports car! :)

·
Registered
NONE
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol guys :) I've been saying that we were getting the premium. I'll just re write the entire intro. I'm hoping we get a decent trade in value for our Acadia Denali.

My concern is things to look out for prior to signing, and any issues that I should be aware of so I can monitor while test driving. The vibration issue is the only one I'm aware of.

As for getting a Premium w/ all the upgrades for 77k, thats amazing, how many miles were on it originally? I'd never be that lucky since all 3 dealerships out here are sold out prior to a vehicle ever hitting the lots. I've yet to see a used. However @ 77k + the 21k we're putting down that'd make monthly payments a dream. Right now we're just aiming to get it under 900$ a month and we're set.

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
When I test drove my ESV, I had the music off, I wanted to have complete silence in the truck. I didn't talk to my sales guy, I test drove it ranging from different speeds, from the feeder to the freeway. I ride was smooth to me. The only thing I did when I got home was got a ladder and put silicone as mentioned here on the forum where I saw a cap on the antenna seal. I also had supplier's discount, which one dealership refused...which was a blessing b/c the dealership that did honor it so far has been awesome. My first Cadillac buying experience has been perfect.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
I am replying to your OP, btw.

It really depends on you and your wife. If you don't want extra feature what the platinum has like massaging seats, which I rarely use on my GL550, and cooler that take up the glove storage space, I would go for the premium.

The Kona interior, based from the experience I have from my dad's 2015i ESV, is much more premium and comfortable to sit. Only issue is the cameras, but that will be taken care of soon (dealer ordered them, still waiting)

For the down payment, are you going to trade your Arcadia Denali and then put more down just to keep it under $900/month? If so, I would look at the trade value for the Arcadia Denali based from prices from other sellers and must be the same year as your vehicle. Autotrader will help give you a general idea about the pricing.

·
Registered
NONE
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After my dealer gave me supplier's discount of $6000 and excellent trade in value of my bulletproof escalade hybrid with 195k miles, I went big and got the platinum!

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157649362208103
Nice, the main reason we decided on the Premium was that my wife REALLY wants the Kona brown, that + I've been hearing a lot of issues w/ the cooler, and the dealer even mentioned that it takes up all the space and that the premium is their most popular. I do like the black in the platinum though but since I got to pick the exterior color its only fair she gets the interior.

When I test drove my ESV, I had the music off, I wanted to have complete silence in the truck. I didn't talk to my sales guy, I test drove it ranging from different speeds, from the feeder to the freeway. I ride was smooth to me. The only thing I did when I got home was got a ladder and put silicone as mentioned here on the forum where I saw a cap on the antenna seal. I also had supplier's discount, which one dealership refused...which was a blessing b/c the dealership that did honor it so far has been awesome. My first Cadillac buying experience has been perfect.
I'll keep that in mind when test driving,also what does the silicone help with? Is the antennae wobbly or ?

I am replying to your OP, btw.

It really depends on you and your wife. If you don't want extra feature what the platinum has like massaging seats, which I rarely use on my GL550, and cooler that take up the glove storage space, I would go for the premium.

The Kona interior, based from the experience I have from my dad's 2015i ESV, is much more premium and comfortable to sit. Only issue is the cameras, but that will be taken care of soon (dealer ordered them, still waiting)

For the down payment, are you going to trade your Arcadia Denali and then put more down just to keep it under $900/month? If so, I would look at the trade value for the Arcadia Denali based from prices from other sellers and must be the same year as your vehicle. Autotrader will help give you a general idea about the pricing.
Thanks I"ll look it up on auto trader, so far their overview was pretty good on it, and we're hoping to get the most for it ( the denali )

As for your first question, we'll be applying our discount program code, and trading in + putting the 21k downpayment. Given everything so far (+ speculated offer on the Denali) we're looking @ 60k even after taxes which is perfect, anymore is icing on the cake.

I confirmed the model that we're ordering will have the new camera's and I do like the overview camera ( 360/birdseye/whatever people call it )

Looking forward to that visual hack mod that people have been talking about. I heard you can order one pre-modified and just send the current one after to minimize on the wait time?The hack that allows you to input addresses while driving, view more video file extensions and have video playing up front.

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
busters,

If you look at *************** topics, some people here reported that antenna go out due to rain, car washes...someone on this forum shared his findings after he had his antenna replaced...which I did right after I bought the truck home from the dealership. So far so good with my antenna. So, I think that silicone suggestion worked.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
You are ordering our car! We didn't add the headrest seats, though.

When our kids were preschool the video was very popular. Once they are old enough for iPhones, the back screens are little used. So the 2 overheads on the premium are ample. That said...to answer your question the factory seatback screens are independent.

Check with your employer, AARP, AAA, etc for vendor discounts. As said above, it'll save you about $6k on the deal. Unless you get a demonstrator used, or you have family that owns the dealership, that's the best deal you will find. The escalade is just too popular to get any breaks at the moment...of course that could change when the price of gas goes up??

The new antennas no longer leak. The new trannys are awesome. The Kona interior is incredible. I have no complaints with the camera system...in fact I don't even understand what the problems are that are posted, as we can back dead center into any crack or corner using just the 360 view.

We would have bought a platinum if it sounded good...but after studying everything it offered....we had no use for any if it. I don't use the massager on our lazy boys, although that sounded magnificent when we bought them. Turned out to just be another gimmick. Recliners have coolers too, also only used once. Gimmick. We never cared for headrest video in our other cars. The overhead screens are ample.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for tips on problems with the premium....I got nothin' !!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
busters,

If you look at another forum topics, some people here reported that antenna go out due to rain, car washes...someone on this forum shared his findings after he had his antenna replaced...which I did right after I bought the truck home from the dealership. So far so good with my antenna. So, I think that silicone suggestion worked.

I'm the one who started the silicone thing....and I've had no issues for 2200 miles since then!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
After seeing the install instructions of previous generation, I don't think that the antenna can be removed from the top and would entail loosening the bolt underneath the ceiling. After tilting the antenna, it was collecting water on a normal functioning XM. I decided to drain the water collection and plug the tiny hole with silicon as well as prevention.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't see any benefits for the 2016 given what was put out, + the cost and discounts won't apply by that point so I'll be spending at least 4-6k more.
May I ask what other discounts you're getting besides the GM supplier discount?
Other members please chime in as I'm about to pull the trigger but I want to make sure I get the best deal possible.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts