Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am now in the market for an exhaust. Im not sure which one I like yet but Im looking for the most gains across the board. B&B with X Pipe? Please give me your opinions. BTW My setup MAX will be intake exhaust and Stealth V tune. Nothing more.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Corsa is nice, decent price, excellent workmanship. Some have tried others...see the faq on exhausts, should help you out a bit. A lot of the answer lies on what you do with your V...it is a daily driver? can you stand exhaust drone? etc, etc. I went with the Corsa due to the fact that I live nearby and can take it back if I have issues (I never used any of their products prior) and the fact that there is NO drone at highway speeds. I use mine for sales and almost exclusively on highway roads. Like I said, check the faq and you can fill in a lot of the gaps I have left.

F

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well I'm not 100% sure on this, but the B&B with X pipe is prob the best for HP gain, but you will have a drone in a very narrow rpm area. Pretty easy to get around with just a gear change, but some are more sensitive to it than others. (heck it doesnt bother my wife at all, nor me) If I had it to do again, it would be exactly the same except I might even leave the cones out of the pipes. :)

Otherwise, I have no idea. Ive seen conflicting numbers on Corsa of no gain and then some that state 10hp gain. Maybe some of the owners of the other exhausts can chime in.

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
If you want to buy my magnaflow, I'll meet you half way and help you with the install - then you'll have extra $ for..........???

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh i got tinted windows. Im just saying as far as performance goes the ball stops at intake exhaust StealthV tune. Seriously. I am a student and dont have the $$ for anything more.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I understand you all dont believe me. Moving on. For someone who has the BB with xpipe - did you notice gain? Would you say its tooo loud?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
For someone who has the BB with xpipe - did you notice gain? Would you say its tooo loud?
In all honesty, I highly doubt that one exhaust system is going to see any significant gains that the other systems will not. What I mean is, while one system may yield a higher HP/torque number, it certainly wouldn't be anything that you would probably even notice.

Like I said in the other thread, I've seen Zoomers dyno results on an SRT-8 that yielded upwards of 20 ft lbs of torque (which is huge IMHO), but I'm certain that other exhaust manufacturers would recognize some gains as well, yielding the net difference to be somewhat negligible.

While I, like many others on this forum, put performance very high on their hit list, I'd honestly not consider that here too much, as I'm certain that they will all yield some results and be within arms reach of one another.

Honing in on drone, sound, fit of the system, price, etc. would probably be a wise choice here in my mind.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Actually perfomance and tone of the exhaust was my #1 concern of which both the B&B came out my favorite of the two that were available at that time. :) Price wise was good to.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
rand49er said:
Anybody know much about the Borla?
I saw/heard a BORLA setup on a V that was going in for a maggie.
It sounded bitchin.
Looked like a couple of coffee cans sticking out of the rear.
HUGE!
I almost went looking to get rid of my CORSA, but I am real happy with the CORSA.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the b&b w/o the x-pipe. I haven't heard one with an x-pipe. i just didn't want my car to sound like a z28 or a z71, just a smooth sound. Descent hp gain, probably more w/ x pipe though.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts