Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok

So... because of an unfortunate situation for the seller I stumbled into buying a mint 2010 CTS with 30,000 miles for 17K. I don't need validation that I'm getting a good deal. What I need help on is determining what
model CTS I have. I guess I have a base model but is there any way to tell? It has a super large sunroof, 6 cd changer and thats about the only options I can notice at first glance. I will have the local mechanic look
it over before I sign the check. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for the car . Any problematic issues with this model and brand ( new to Caddy) ?

Does the car play an IPOD?
Real life gas mileage?
Reception for the XM Sirrus work well?

Any other tips or info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven
194 Posts
Check and see if you have dual exhuast or single exhaust, I'm pretty sure the base models have single exhaust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the pic it has two tail pipes, but I don't know if that is true dual exhaust or just for show. Thx

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
Fenster,

A iist of your car's specific option codes (a.k.a. RPO codes) is attached to the underside of the spare tire cover located in the trunk floor. Now all you need is someone to post the complete list of RPO codes with text descriptions for 2010 CTS, or ask any Cadillac dealer to print it out for you.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
By the fact that you have a sun roof and 6 CD changer leads me to believe this is not a base model/ If the interior has wood trim, then it's definitely not a base model but at the very least the luxury model. As someone else has suggested, get the full vin number and then ask any GM dealer to print out the build sheet. It will tell you everything there is to know about the car.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
281 Posts
I could be wrong be I believe the base models didn't have fog lights or HID head lights. If you have those options then it isn't base.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,782 Posts
For playing MP3/iPods - there is a special 2 connector cable you MUST use. In center console you will see the 2 connectors for one end of cable and the other end goes into the standard iPod slot. If seller didnt leave it for you, get one from dealer. Have to use it.
What size wheels - 17 or 18''? If 18 inch you will likely have Performance model and should have HID headlights. This also comes with whats called the FE2 suspension. Except for Premium line, the NAV system is optional for Luxury or Performance lines. If 17inch tires, likely the Luxury model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran the VIN # by the dealer and he said it was the base model which is fine with the deal that I'm getting. I was bummed( unless told other wise here ) as I opened the center console, next to the cigarette lighter, there wasn't an open port
for the IPOD. It had a plastic cover where one would go but nothing that would let me insert the cord. Can I upgrade this easily? Thank you by the way for everyone who stopped by to answer. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4
109 Posts
It should have the aux port in the center console next to the power/cig lighter outlet.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
167 Posts
I would never buy a car unless you look at CarFax or something else tells me whether it had a crash or not.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,782 Posts
I ran the VIN # by the dealer and he said it was the base model which is fine with the deal that I'm getting. I was bummed( unless told other wise here ) as I opened the center console, next to the cigarette lighter, there wasn't an open port
for the IPOD. It had a plastic cover where one would go but nothing that would let me insert the cord. Can I upgrade this easily? Thank you by the way for everyone who stopped by to answer. I appreciate it.
I think all CTSs have the 2 connector IPOD setup in the center console since 08. Check with dealer. May be an oversight at build. When I got my 08 it too didnt have the 2 connections. During build they installed the wrong center console config. Ports were there. Took dealer a few minutes to correct the error. And make sure you get the GM ipod cable. I remember seeing a picture in the 08 CTS brochure that showed the GM ipod plug and I dont recall any limitations on which CTSs have this setup. Look for UPF RPO in trunk under spare tire cover for Bluetooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I take delivery tomorrow so that is the first thing I will check out. I guess I will order the cable from ebay or the dealer. Which ever is fastest and cheapest. Not that I'm doing many but first mod is 20% tint all around.
I respectfully think though that the base package only has the one earphone style port. Atleast I can listen to the music, just not change it on the wheel or the radio. Better than nothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts