Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I know that these are supposed to be used for people who troll and for post whores to weed out the bad people, but it seems that some people are exploiting this feature to give negative points to people they just DONT LIKE. And I know that this is happening because I'll get the red ones but they won't leave ANY type of explanation. Usually with the green ones I'll get, "great job" or "here's some love for ya:p", but is is true that we could really get banned because of these things? Because I don't want to get banned because of the simple fact that some people don't like me. That seems ridiculous...

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
It is ridiculous and I'm getting hit everyday too. The cowards won't leave a comment either. There are people giving negative points even for decent posts or threads, and you could call THAT abuse of the system. I think eventually it will even out for eveyone...

...said the post whore...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
What are there reputation things you are talking about? Are they the bars under your post count? What do they do and can you possibly be banned if you rating gets too low?

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
davesdeville said:
On a similar note...

If you're going to post a negative for someone... MAN UP and leave your name in the comments instead of being some anonymous p*ssy. I've left one negative feedback now and I left my initials.
I agree with you davesville but you know why they don't because bad boys will get even.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
If someone is banned over this meaningless drivel, they probably won't miss being involved in that kind of political BS. If it required ID of the person leaving it, it would mean something, since it doesn't, it means Jack! Frankly, I couldn't care less if my little block turns purple!:thumbsup:

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Don't worry, it takes quite a bit to get banned.. And yes, in the end, it'll all work out. As long as you're not receiving all negative rep, you'll be fine. Furthermore, I MAY be able to get the system to show exactly who's giving you reputation points...

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
ben72227 said:
Because I don't want to get banned because of the simple fact that some people don't like me. That seems ridiculous...
I was banned the first night because some people with already VERY high reps, don't like me. So yes, it is ridiculous!!

I hope this place doesn't become like High School where popularity is more important that substance.

For me, rather than turn this into another tit for tat battle, I've decided to spread my postive posts outside the forum on those who rarely venture into the lounge.

It's mostly on the Fleetwood guys because they post everyday too. And most of their posts are of helpful information. Yet, they just don't seem to be getting any luv for it!!

Negatives are reserved by me for what I deem to be posts worthy of such a score. But my negatives will never out number my positives, and they may never be used at all. And they won't be used in a retalitory manner.

Case in point, a certain member has been hitting me with negative hits in another thread, Reputation. I have a very, very, VERY good idea who it is. No it's not anyone who has posted in that thread.

With a visit everyday, but a post count of only .57 per day, one can conclude that he's not here to participate but to enact his revenge.

Even with a 99.9% certainity of who it is, he has recieved no negative hits from me. Even though many of his past threads have truly deserved it!! I don't have the desire to play that type of game with anyone.

So act positive, be positive, post positive and don't make any posts that could inflame anyone, and you won't get a negative hit by me!!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Administrator said:
Furthermore, I MAY be able to get the system to show exactly who's giving you reputation points...
If people want to sign their bathroom wall comments, they should have that choice.

But I think it could also cease the flow of positive points to some people.

It's unfortunate, but unfortunatley it's true.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
davesdeville said:
On a similar note...
If you're going to post a negative for someone... MAN UP and leave your name in the comments instead of being some anonymous p*ssy. I've left one negative feedback now and I left my initials.
I'm going to leave you negative today, because you didn't send ME that signed negative. I would have broadcast to the world as a manly, mans post!! ;)

But seriously, there is now a powerful cartel who can ruin your rep with just a few PM's. So I wouldn't fault anyone not leaving their sig right now, positive or negative...:ill:

And I was joking about sending you a neg, it'll be a pos when it's available. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Also here's a good thing that has happened as a result of people rating threads. We have more power than we think!!

I am got a few PM's from people calling for a truce.

Now the truce wasn't really needed, as I wasn't involved in a war with eaither of them.

Evidently their comments to me got dinged negative by others, and they mistakenly thought it was me. (I'm pretty sure you can't score a post more than once anyway, although I've never tried.)

So the good news is this, the higher ones rep gets, the more they care about pushing it even higher!!! BUT, they can't go higher if they get negatives!!

So you might think your lowly 1 bar status doesn't effect those high and mighty multi-bars. But you are wrong. In their contest to be the top dog, it does effect them!!

So now is the time for the unloved masses to get these people inline, especially while they seem to really, really care about their score right now!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
So now is the time for the unloved masses to get these people inline, especially while they seem to really, really care about their score right now!!
The only scoring that I worry about about, is with my wife as it puts me on :cloud9: :histeric:

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm still in the Red, and its because someone keeps sending me unsigned negative points, over topics that don't even warrant negative points. I got a negative point for the Audi topic i started. What?! You really need to put the names on there if you can Sa...I mean, Administrator:lildevil:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
16 Participants
D148L0