Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a sirius sir-gm1 unit and installed it and now the XM band isnt showing up under the head unit, it used to show up but now recently isnt showing up at all

sometime i could switch to driver 1 or 2 and it would magically appear, that is not the case now.

the sir gm1 is a new unit and should be showing up fine.

:alchi::alchi::alchi::alchi:

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
I get the same problems with my ipod kit sometimes...it's a pain....and remember, your not sick of the car, your sick of the crap you've done to it not working correctly ;)

either way, leave the car off for about 5-10min and it'll show up again.

·
Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put the kit in last night and the unit never did work today and never did show up in the options today

hopefully tomorrow is a different scene!!

i was in and out of the car about 15 times today and it never showed xm channels! used to work though :(

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Yeah get rid of the damned thing. There's no reason you should have to put up with aftermarket crap causing your flood damaged wiring make the standard equipment not function correctly......

I've had my XM not work twice in 20 months after starting the car up. Both times were within about 2 months of each other. I noted in both cases I had left the head unit on when I shut the car off, and the next time it was started , no XM. Since then I've made sure to actually power the head unit off before turning off the key. So far it hasn't happened in a little over 14 months. May just be coincidence, but if it works, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
yup. and his car's a flood total restoration...so i really dont know how you cant be prepared for numerous issues
No kidding!

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
I've had my XM not work twice in 20 months after starting the car up. Both times were within about 2 months of each other. I noted in both cases I had left the head unit on when I shut the car off, and the next time it was started , no XM. Since then I've made sure to actually power the head unit off before turning off the key. So far it hasn't happened in a little over 14 months. May just be coincidence, but if it works, don't fix it.
i never turn off radio and xm always is fine upon startup. why would it matter if left on or turned off before you shut car off?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
i never turn off radio and xm always is fine upon startup. why would it matter if left on or turned off before you shut car off?

Sounds like you've never experienced the issue in the first place. Some of us have radios/units that have done it on occasion. Hopefully you never will see it.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
well I consider myself lucky I guess (knock on wood) I have Reed's R&M bluetooth box spliced into my system, and havent even had a single hiccup in the infotainment/hvac system yet...

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V | 2012 CTS-V
970 Posts
I was about to say what does a Sirius unit have to do with making you sick of a V. But complaining about a flood damaged car...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts