Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is pretty good stuff to watch when you are stuck in front of a monitor for a long time.

Love the humor.

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
This guy is pretty funny. Subtle silly humor that if you're mechanically inclined, is even funnier. I've been watching 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there. Good vid

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
783 Posts
Look at that nice headliner still not sagging. Those were the days. The rest of those interiors were very durable.

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
There are more videos of the car being cleaned up.
Yeap, here's one about the interior clean-up.

It's almost as if the car being sunk in the field preserved the floor sheet metal, etc. Lots of continual moisture didn't allow it to rust?

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
First exterior cleaning. One interesting tidbit on this one is that he uses Quad 0 Steel Wool with soap to polish the blemished single stage lacquer paint!

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
What's the back story on why the car was driven into a field miles away from civilization? Did he cover that? My guess is it was involved in a crime or something?

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
Too old to be Jimmy Hoffa's last ride.
Yeap, but maybe it had some involvment with some mafia somehow?

I went back and re-watched the opening, the only thing he says is "I bought it around 7 months ago". Hmmmm.

Little disappointed though in the vid.. I mean, all YouTubers have to make/take some discretionary footage to draw in the viewers.

By this I mean, go back to the 30 minute mark where he starts to talk about jacking up the car. When he finally does the under-shot of the car, you'll see that he had already been driving the car.. there's tire tracks under the car already.

But then he goes on to talk about what he's going to get fuel into the car and get it started. That's the bummer for me.. I thought he was really documenting the progress from the actual moment that he started to work on the car, but, he is not. He already had started the car, moved it around quite a bit, then went back and filmed everything with a "post" production narrative. Bleh. Still a good watch, though, and definitely curious on the backstory.

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, show biz.

The part that got me was he forgot or did not know to block the return line at the fuel pump.

He figured it out later on but that was after highway driving and complaining about poor fuel economy.

Show biz but still fun.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
398 Posts
I've been binge watching his videos. Once you start watching them all you'll see the pattern in the videos as they are taken. One of them was a b9tch to get working. Fought him every step of the way. He even really complained about that one. But he is right about one thing. Those old GM setups were really rock solid even with the parts that failed. He was able to get them running and drive it on the highway home. I was really amazed at how little transmission troubles he had on them.

Steve

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
716 Posts
KInd of enjoyed the Caddy story, how he and the Mrs. got her cleaned up etc. I liked the budget build, although it was awful long, too long. I watched a few other of his build / redos. They're kind of all the same thing: clean the car, look at all the stuff in the trunk, and the paperwork in the glove compartment. He really didn't do much repair. It would be a good watch (maybe), if I had absolutely nothing else to do.

Tom

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
I still want to know the backstory of how the car in such good shape (perfect driving condition when abandoned) found its way a mile off the road in a field!

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also how do you drive on a public highway without good brakes and registration?

Yes, some of it is contrived to make the video more interesting but.....

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
716 Posts
He seems like a good enough guy, but I don't think I would go to his shop if I had a problem with one of my cars. Like I said, he's good at cleaning up the car, putting in a battery and gas down the carb to get her going, but that's about it.

Tom

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
I've asked on multiple videos what the backstory of the car is... no answer...

·
Registered
Cadillac
870 Posts
Burnout @ 11:40 :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts