Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you change out your slave cylinder when you upgraded your clutch and or HP?

Mine fried today - two months wait for the build...ran it with a base tune on my 42 pound injectors to the dyno and sizzled the slave cylinder on the dyno...

Hmmmm setiment from sitting? Boiling and changing the viscosity?

Anyone have this happen?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
You mean for the hydraulic clutch? Just had the fluid changed at the dealer on Thursday at 35k ... does that help?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Clutch fluid, which is Dot 3 brake fluid in this instance, is fragile stuff. Here in the high humidity of the Houston, Texas area I change mine based on months, not miles. Centerforce, the clutch folks, suggest a new slave cylinder with the installation of their dual disc setups. The info at this link may also be useful.

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/bf/bf40142.htm

T

·
0 Posts
I did the same thing! It happened right after a hard run with Nitrous. I was driving down the highway and went to exit and tried to downshift and nothing! Would not go into any gear. I called the local dealership and the guy laughed when I asked if he would cover under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I did the same thing! It happened right after a hard run with Nitrous. I was driving down the highway and went to exit and tried to downshift and nothing! Would not go into any gear. I called the local dealership and the guy laughed when I asked if he would cover under warranty.
And when the laughter stopped, what happened?

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Sorry to say but my prognosis is your 427 has ryneV disease Chef.

Don't worry, life in gearhead land just costs more time and money. And by the way, those two things never end. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts