Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I grabbed the newspaper this morning and drove to work. I usually work the night shift, but was assigned to a daytime detail, so I was still up from last nights shift. I looked at the classifieds like every other day and there it was "For Sale 1979 Sedan Deville Garage Kept, just turned 100K miles...$700 or best offer". This ad was not in the paper yesterday. I grabbed the phone and called the number. An old lady answered and I said "I get out of work at four, I'll come right over and give you $700 cash". She politely said "I have someone else coming at noon, so just to be fair first come first served". I called all of my available friends and told them if they go to the ladies house and pay her, I'll give them an extra $100 when I get out of work...No one was available to help me out. Now unbelievably I got relieved from my detail at 10:30 am...I call the lady back and tell her i'm on my way with the money...to which she replies..."Sorry, the car is sold." Guess it wasn't meant to be.:nono:

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Don't scare us like that again! Your headline for the thread had me thinking your FWB was wrecked. Whew!

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Hahaha I can see why. By the way, I love the whitewalls you have. I'd love to put something like that on my Deville.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
I hate it when that happens.

My neighbors were selling their 1966 Fleetwood Brougham last summer with just over 115,000 on it and very straight for $1,000. I was going to buy it, I was there at three but the wife was just leaving to run errands, so I waited until six and went back with the money. When I got there she said while she was out she talked to her biker buddy who gave her 1k for the car on the spot. Talk about timing!

That type of thing happens too much, but It usually works out for the better anyway, if I had bought that Fleetwood, I wouldn't have my Phaeton.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Sorry to hear about that.. but keep looking!!

I was lucky to find my unmolested mint wagon for $950 just by being in the right place at the right time...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was the actual ad. I'm wondering if the new owner is a forum member or some tart that's gonna throw 24's on it and drive it into the ground.
SEDAN DEVILLE,1979 Runs Well, Nice Cond, Gar Kept, A/C, inspctd, $700/bo 908-852-****

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
:( its a shame, but just gotta move on... the more you think about it.. the more you'll kick yourself in the @$$ for missing it... heck you are starting to make me sad about missing it :)

Cars like that... you gotta keep an eye for, they wont show up on Auto Trader... or even ebay.... OR.... like me... in the parts car section of ebay, which is why I scan that too...

but sometimes a good old classified is the best way... in NY we had the Want Ad Digest, great want ads for everything... here we have the Penny Pincher... comes out once a week and is 25cents... I like em.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts