Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hehe, I've got a good one here: I happened to be playing cab driver on the 4th. It was a rainy day and the usual incompetent morons are out on the road in full force. I live in Delray Beach, so this should still be surprising me. At any rate, I had to test the full force of my horns' blowing power when a renegade Pontiac ran a red light and nearly destroyed by beautiful Lucille. Unfortunately, after I let off the horn pad, the horns continued to sound. Those dual trumpets to say the least, are piercingly loud. I beat the horn pads hoping to get the contact lead unstuck, but I failed. People were pulling over, stopping, and staring as the horns were blaring for a total of 7 1/2 minutes. I finally found a place to pull over, get out my tool kit, and take off the horn pad screws. I didn't want to decipher the fuse panel listing or go under the hood to disconnect the electrical connectors. I unbent the spring on the contact lead and the horn now sounds. Well, one or two of them. It now has a high pitch instead of that throaty, authoritative 'BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP" Which horns blew? I know that there are four horns and I think two are "F" note and the other two are "E", but I'm not sure. I can't localize which ones are sounding but I do know that the sound is much higher pitched and half the volume it originally was. Help me! Help me please!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts