Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a nav unit and I have the other 2 harness... how do I connect the a/v ports? Anyone have the wiring chart for the other 2 harnesses?

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
mrproducerdav said:
I added a nav unit and I have the other 2 harness... how do I connect the a/v ports? Anyone have the wiring chart for the other 2 harnesses?
Do you have the aux RCA box that's to be mounted in the arm rest with the proper insert?

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Good start.

From there its just a matter of extending the wires. They go directly from the radio harness to the RCA jack in the arm rest.

Easiest to take the WHOLE console as you can then remove the insert which if memory serves me is riveted in, otherwise your stuck cutting your stock one.

Keep in mind they are shielded to reduce electrical interference in the audio quality. Assuming you have CUT them since you said you have the plugs and you don't have the arm rest to make sure to isolate them or you could get a bad whirling sound through the speakers when you hit the gas.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
I can post them when I get home from remote Techline.

GM isn't very happy when posting stuff from techline when on their servers.

Take the WHOLE console its far easier to remove. Pop the shifter trim, remove the wood and then 6 bolts (2 up front under the carpet on each side and 4 below the arm rest under the carpet between the console and seat).

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
I don't think you need to pull the shifter handle off when you pull the console out....

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Oh I was just curious because mines a little loose and I thought I would ask the question since it sounded like his shifter had to come out as well.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
stevenriz said:
Oh I was just curious because mines a little loose and I thought I would ask the question since it sounded like his shifter had to come out as well.
Pry down the chrome bezel trim there's an alen key screw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts