Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What saddens me is that as time goes on, perfect 4th and 5th generation Sevilles are becoming increasingly rare.

Thankfully, Cadillac sold a ton of them. Congrats on your purchase!!!
What generation is a 2003 Seville SLS ? This northstar motor is new enough to worry about that "Rod/Bolt" issue that the late 90's motors had does it!?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,052 Posts
5th gen. -the last. All Seville production ceased in December of 2003; the "2004" model year ran from July 2003 to December 2003. The 2003 model year ran from July 2002 to June of 2003. Total production is shown in the sticky thread on Northstar car production in the Engines; Northstar forum.

All the head bolt and cylinder block problems were worked out by essentially 2002 although there were other engine changes in 2003. Nice cars. 2000 was the change to different block metallurgy, better heads, updated ignition, and roller cams.

2003 is a very, very, very different engine from the 1990s. Read the Engines; Northstar forum stickies.

Welcome to CF !!! This thread has been dead for 6.5 years.........

·
Registered
2 Posts
What generation is a 2003 Seville SLS ? This northstar motor is new enough to worry about that "Rod/Bolt" issue that the late 90's motors had does it!?
I appreciate the response. I just bought a 2003 Seville STS w/ 123k on it for $1900, The low beams don't work, rear inner brake lights don't work and have water in the lenses, and the water pump/fan pulley is squeaking/dry grinding Ironically enough, doesn't look like it leaks much oil and finally I have sagging/swaying in the rear end(not too rough) and the Service Suspension System indicator is on . I just got it yesterday so discovering the kinks, and what's going to be the easiest and cost efficient to keep it running.

Thanks for the welcome, have a good weekend

21 - 23 of 23 Posts