Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CTS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but I can't find it anywhere! How does one remove the A-pillar trim (2019 CTS-V)? Is there anything to unscrew, or does it just pull away?

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
370 Posts
It does pull away but it is kind of scary. I didnt do it on this V I have now but the very similar 2015 V-Sport that preceded it.

I believe I found that if it for a power feed, (running out of the fuse panel) you may be able to squeeze it under the rubber trim first which goes up the A pillar.

Richard

·
Registered
2019 CTS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the risk of answering my own question, I'm going to post these pics just in case any future questions arise.

The A-Pillar does not seem to be held in by any screws or bolts, but simply snaps into place. I used a trim removal tool to "gently" pry the upper part of the A-pillar towards the rear view mirror, NOT toward the back of the car. I say "gently," but it really took much more force than I was comfortable with! I agree with the above post that it was scary then the clips gave way, and I was convinced I had broken something. But fortunately, nothing is damaged.
Replacement is just a little finicky, and I had to press the forward part of the trim piece in first, then line the clips up as best I could. A firm whack with my palm seated the piece. No evidence of loosening or rattling, so far so good!
Pics provided to hopefully help clarify my messy description:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts