Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So while waiting for my rear hatch to arrive, it finally did today and now they want to keep the vehicle for the "required" transmission software update? Did anybody get this update, just today! I have no 1-2 shifting issues and in fact it shifts aggressively keeping my 0-60 times brisk. I'll determine what it entails or what it will give. I don't want lazy 2nd gear start in traffic lights. Hopefully it also includes taking out the governor;)

----------

I ask what the details of the recall is. They said highway 70mph clunk? I didn't know anybody had this issue? Is it a 70 mph vibration? I thought it only applied to the 6 speeds. Anyway, I passed on the update. Not just yet.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
My dad did the transmission update on his 2015i. There is some improvement and not as jerky as before when going from full stop.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Our 2015i is at the dealer now and they did the "reflash" for the new transmission software update. After they replaced the transmission, I noticed that the shifts at low speed were a bit jerky. Supposedly the new transmission calibration should fix all the issues.

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
Mine was in for a rattle last week and they told me they did the flash as well. I honestly cannot tell if there are any differences.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I'll just do it in my next oil change. They insist it is a required software update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts