Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
LOWCOSBIGBODY said:
I like how this topic turned into a lowrider bashing, I really dont care what you people think, or think you know just cause your from cali dont mean nothin, do you go to lowrider shows almost every weekend I do at least during the summer, I have been lowriding for about 10 years strong at least thats how long I have been driving them but I got into them about 15 years ago. as far as calling lowriders cheap I agree there are cheap ones out there just like every other type of car, and yes a lowrider should have hydraulics and 13 or 14 inch rims period, anybody that is into lowriding knows that unless they are following trends.
YEAH!!! welcome back brother, aint heard from you in a while. wrecked my Fleetwood man!!!

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
HRS the whole personalization and custom everything was started in the lowrider culture.
Try reading this. It was hot rodders that inspired customs that inspired lowriders. But the whole story is too focused on bringing everything back to Arizona to be considered a complete history.

I might have to buy some more books today...

http://www.lowridermagazine.com/historybook/0000lrm_history2/

I could argue that 'coach builders' (body by Fleetwood meant something once) started the whole customization and persoanlization process long before hot rodders or low riders.

93fleetwoodlowlow said:
i believe all that is applied to these fwd peices of crap.
I can't beleive that you are now hatin' on another form of automotive expression!! :rolleyes2

·
Registered
728 Posts
Destroyer said:
A big Fleetwood + trunk full of stereo and hydraulics + 13" wheels = massive retardation :histeric:
You know I am pretty quiet on these forums, until somebody makes a stupit ignorant remark, you can call lowriders retarded all you want just motivates me more, oh and by the way I have 14s+ a trunk full of hydraulics and stereo get it right retard.:hitstick:

·
Registered
728 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
YEAH!!! welcome back brother, aint heard from you in a while. wrecked my Fleetwood man!!!
Im still on here alot just been busy workin on my car, sucks you wrecked the fleet gonna get another one?

·
Registered
728 Posts
addison_ii said:
Hey Locos, you got any side pics of your car posted on the forums? Your car looks nice in your avatar but I want to see a couple of side profiles. Interior pics too if you got them posted. Thanks
Thanks for the compliments here is a side shot, I am redoing the interior right now.

D

·
0 Posts
LOWCOSBIGBODY said:
You know I am pretty quiet on these forums, until somebody makes a stupit ignorant remark, you can call lowriders retarded all you want just motivates me more, oh and by the way I have 14s+ a trunk full of hydraulics and stereo get it right retard.:hitstick:
Actually I was refferring to putting 13" wheels on a car that big weighted down with all the equipment necessary to make it hop and thump. You say that a proper lowrider should have 13's and 14's. Why? Cause thats the way they were in the 70's?. Did the lowriders in the 70's have the option of anything larger than a 15" wheel? Putting a skinny 13" wheel on a big car is ass backwards engineering and a potential safety issue.

D

·
0 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
just as long as you know.
Chill out! Damn, I wasn't calling lowriders retards. I was referring to the use of such small wheels on such a big car as retarded, which maybe I went overboard stating. Didn't realize you guys would get your panties in a bind over it. I apologize for voicing my opinion on the subject in such a manner.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
...and riding LOW was also a lowrider thing. i believe all that is applied to these fwd peices of crap.
Leaving aside the fact the '49 Mercs were chopped and channeled and lowered before the sand bags in the trunk were replaced with hydraulics...

The imports (at least those guys with '70's Celicas that went to my high school) were trying to mimic race car's as seen in SCCA racing and elsewhere, not low riders. And those once crude race inspired airdams, turned into cruder 'body kits'.

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
LOWCOSBIGBODY said:
Im still on here alot just been busy workin on my car, sucks you wrecked the fleet gonna get another one?
its been a while since i last hollered at ya. yeah im gonna get me another one as soon as i can find one. guess i gotta start all over. what all you workin on and when the hell you gonna be in lowrider?

·
Registered
728 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
its been a while since i last hollered at ya. yeah im gonna get me another one as soon as i can find one. guess i gotta start all over. what all you workin on and when the hell you gonna be in lowrider?
I am gettin the new interior and a e and g top put on this week, I think I have a long way till lowrider mag but maybe someday, ill post some pics with the new interior and top by next week. Later.

·
Registered
39 Posts
LMAO @everybody bitching about having a car that is anything but stock......

**** it, enjoy your car, if that means cutting it, do it......

only live once, theres plenty more stock cars out there if you ever **** up too bad....

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
LOWCOSBIGBODY said:
I am gettin the new interior and a e and g top put on this week, I think I have a long way till lowrider mag but maybe someday, ill post some pics with the new interior and top by next week. Later.
what color you going with? when i got my interior priced (2 days before the accident) it was going to be 8k dollars. i was also going to get the paint re-done. its too late now, got me a CTS.

·
Registered
728 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
what color you going with? when i got my interior priced (2 days before the accident) it was going to be 8k dollars. i was also going to get the paint re-done. its too late now, got me a CTS.
I basicly got a full stock tan interior seats, dash, door panels, everything but the headliner, gonna get some orange leather stitched into it, it will cost me a couple gs when all done.

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
sounds nice. i was gonna get the dash dyed a different color (or painted i dont know) with pillow cushioned seats (blue) with white and gold buttons, and gold trim. was gonna make a custom trunk box to hide the pumps and batteries and do like my friend did with his 84 and make it a couch in the trunk to match the interior. all of that was gonna cost 8k plus tax and labor so i woulda been look at almost 10k i guess after it was all said and done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been around this site for a wile now and I have gotten some help on certain things. I have just been lurking seeing who's who and what is what.

There are lots of good people here and unfortunately a few that are very narrow minded.

I still find it a bit disturbing how some people act towards lowriders. Especially since a lot of those very same people are perfectly ok with hotrodding or customizing a car in other ways.

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
caliguy65 said:
I still find it a bit disturbing how some people act towards lowriders. Especially since a lot of those very same people are perfectly ok with hotrodding or customizing a car in other ways.
well i am one to talk, i hate riced out cars but i still give them their respect when it is done up real nice (and really fast). anyway, it is good to have you aboard, i need more lowriders on the site. i try not to take it to heart what some of them say but sometimes it goes to far and pisses me off. really i try not to let things like that bother me but sometimes it just goes to far. all i want is respect and they wouldnt give it if a gun was held to their head (not saying i would do that, just look at my avatar).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know what you mean. I feel the same way. Well Ill be around. I might not alwase post but I am in here pretty often.

Now just to go back to the original post. This car was featured in StreetCustomes Magazine. Im not sure on the month though. I have to dig through all my magazines to find it. In the process of organizing them all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
well I've always loved lowriders and if I had money I would get air ride on my Fleetwood. But I really don't like little rims, they look ridiculous to me, D's are played out... beyond played out, I used to like Daytons in middle school, when I started looking at Lowrider mag for the women mainly, D's are still ok on 60's cars but I would never put anything smaller than 15's on a car. If you like little D's on your car, more power to you. But I don't think it makes it a real Lowrider only if you have them. I still read Lowrider and have a subscription actually, It always has some mind blowing amazing cars in it (even if they do have lil' D's), but it also always has some tacky cars that someone ruined too.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts