Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get something like this set up for quite a while now..I've been trying to find a picture a 91-93 deVille/Fleetwood/Sixty Special in each exterior color they offered in those years.

Colors they had in 1991 but lost in 1992:

Here's a list of all of the exterior colors offered in '92:

Platinum

Slate Green

Light Sapphire Blue

Black Sapphire

Cotillion White

Sable Black

Light Beige (mine) (new for '92)

Taupe

Autumn Brown

Carmine Red

Royal Maroon

Academy Grey

Dark Plum (Sandy's Sixty)

Sapphire Blue Firemist (Gary's)

Added for 1993:

Dark Cherry Metallic:

Slate Bronze Metallic:

So if you wanna post a picture of your car, go ahead!

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
I just posted a pic of my 93 Light Sap Blue in another thread, here it is again. I can get a better pic once cleaned up some.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I wanna live 'til you find the Autumn Brown! 5 were made! Happy hunting!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Five autumn brown 1991-93 deVilles were ever made?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
It was a 1992 ONLY color, and yes, 5 were made. It was a dark chocolate brown with a very tiny little hint of red in it. Like a midnight deep dark cordovan.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! I'd assume beige was the most commonly ordered interior color with that color?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
81 Eldorado, 91 Sedan DeVille, 91, Fleewtwood, 92 Brougham
203 Posts
That car is Light Auburn with Dark Auburn Interior. An interesting note is that body cladding is Warm Silver instead of Platinum or Dark Slate Gray that came with the more popular colors. The Warm Silver came with the Cameo Ivory, Light Auburn, Dark Auburn, and Antelope Firemist only. The Dark Auburn interior was available in cloth or leather but was only available on cars in White, Black or Lt. or Dk. Auburn. My assumption would be that your color replaced the Antelope Firemist. I had a 91 SDV in Antelope and a 90 Olds 98 in Antelope...it was a beautiful color!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
It was a 1992 ONLY color, and yes, 5 were made. It was a dark chocolate brown with a very tiny little hint of red in it. Like a midnight deep dark cordovan.
There is one near me that I need to track down...I've seen it a couple of times and thought it was Dk. Auburn, but that color wasn't available as a monotone...do you know if Autumn Brown was available with the D83?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That car is Light Auburn with Dark Auburn Interior. An interesting note is that body cladding is Warm Silver instead of Platinum or Dark Slate Gray that came with the more popular colors. The Warm Silver came with the Cameo Ivory, Light Auburn, Dark Auburn, and Antelope Firemist only. The Dark Auburn interior was available in cloth or leather but was only available on cars in White, Black or Lt. or Dk. Auburn. My assumption would be that your color replaced the Antelope Firemist. I had a 91 SDV in Antelope and a 90 Olds 98 in Antelope...it was a beautiful color!!!

Excellent, thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Brian (90Brougham350)'s '90 Brougham is that Antelope Firemist color, and it's VERY close in tone to my Light Beige Metallic. Actually, I could swear that they're the same, but the name is different. And in my 1992 exterior color guide sheet, it doesn't list either Light or Dark Auburn....was 1991 the last year for that? I love that interior color...dark brown is great in luxury cars! But I'm not too keen on that orangish exterior color, especially with that two tone. What does Dark Auburn look like? From the info you've given me, it sounds Brown, which is good on Cadillacs IMO....it gives an ambience of plushness, baroque over the top luxury, etc etc. Think of like a smoking room in a great victorian mansion...kinda like that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice 91 you have there! Not sure about 92 & 93, but in 91 the interior was just called "Dark Blue".

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sandy, I'm gonna need a positive ID on this color. I'm not sure if it's Autumn Brown or Royal Maroon. It's a 1992. I could look it up if I had my exterior color chart, but that's at home and I'm at work, where I took this picture.

If VIS'd this car and got all the RPO codes, so if you give me the RPO code for Autumn Brown and Royal Maroon I'll check it and see what it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts