Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken speaker cover on the passenger side door of my Eldorado. It won't stay on the door so I looked for a replacement on eBay. I found one for a 92-97 STS. I was under the impression that they were the same parts. Well I got the one that I ordered today and guess what? NOT THE SAME. Now I have a $22 speaker cover from an STS that I can't use and still a bare speaker. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? I emailed the seller and asked if he had a refund policy and he said that since I didn't use the option that he has to ask an ASE certified tech to make sure that it would work for my car that I'm basically S.O.L. on getting my money back from him. He did however say that he feels bad that I can't use it and offered me 15% off of my next purchase. He is assuming that I would need/want to buy something else from him.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the junkyards. No one around here has one. I work right next door to a body shop and I know the guys that own it/work there. They can get me a new one for $32 but now I'm stuck with this one that I can't use and it ticks me off.

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Checked the junkyards. No one around here has one. I work right next door to a body shop and I know the guys that own it/work there. They can get me a new one for $32 but now I'm stuck with this one that I can't use and it ticks me off.
Sell it on eBay. Obviously there's a market for it otherwise you wouldn't have bought it from the original seller.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
How is it broken (the origonal)? If it's just the tabs that hold it to the door you should have enough of a 'seat' to put some JB weld on the edge to bond it to the door panel w/o it showing, that's what I did...

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want to attach it to the door panel permanently in case it needs to be taken off and be cleaned, or in case the door panel has to be taken off for some reason. I've never sold anything on eBay so I don't know what it would cost me. Anyone know how to post it for sale on here?

·
Registered
963 Posts
If it's attached to the panel, removal of the panel will get it off, they have cheezy plastic retaining clips that degrade. The only reason to take it off would be to get to the speaker, and big woop, now you have to remove the door panel which is a 5 min process anyway w/a screwdriver. Seriously, your car is 11 years old, no one is going to fault you for epoxying it in place. It won't hurt the resale value of the car. But to each their own, spend your time and $ on something that's worthless. Go check a Pull-a-Part, there are 3 in the ATL area on North (Norcross), East (Lithonia), and South (past Airport I think), I give you a 50/50 chance of breaking the next one upon removal...

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's about 100 miles from Dalton to Atlanta. A little too far for me to drive just for a speaker cover.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Tell you what, I'm going JY'ing on Friday to pick up a couple of Eldo parts and get some for my track car, PM me with the color (I have black interrior so mine too are black, but I don't know if they were all like that), and I'll see what I can do, just pay me back for shipping...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts