Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get the '06 C6 with the Z51 package for $46,300. The V is a badasss car but is it worth the extra cash?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
if you want 4 doors yes...if a coupe is all you need go with the c6.
I bought a viper to satisfy my "true sports car" desires. caddy is for everyday stuff.
_moldy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moldowan said:
if you want 4 doors yes...if a coupe is all you need go with the c6.
I bought a viper to satisfy my "true sports car" desires. caddy is for everyday stuff.
_moldy
Nice combo! But does that mean the V does not satisfy "true sports car" desires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Depends on how old ya are, if you have kids, the image you seek to project, how often you'll drive it and the need for taking people with you vs. having a reason not to drive (a bonus).
Got kid's? forget the CO6 - think daycare
Much over 40? Having to drop into a sports car gets old
Over 50? think mid-life crisis with the vette
One thing, you'll get more use out of the V.....got golf clubs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
wooderson said:
Nice combo! But does that mean the V does not satisfy "true sports car" desires?
Well.......all I can say is after I get out of the srt-10 after driving it for a day and into the caddy, well the caddy seems to be in slow motion and very soft. so yes in the purest definition of sport car. then again the thought of driving a viper everyday is NOT appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!
-moldy
 

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
Joined
·
6,440 Posts
I'm waiting for the Z06 to be available for GMS. Once that is done all my dreams will be fulfilled. :lildevil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
CVP33 said:
I'm waiting for the Z06 to be available for GMS. Once that is done all my dreams will be fulfilled. :lildevil:
I had those dreams too once when I had my vette, unfortunately they turned into nightmares. Tickets, high speed driving, fooling around at the limit etc. I had to sell it because I was crazed when I drove it. THe V keeps me in check, even with the maggie..:D YMMV
 

·
Registered
ZIP
Joined
·
51,864 Posts
moldowan said:
Well.......all I can say is after I get out of the srt-10 after driving it for a day and into the caddy, well the caddy seems to be in slow motion and very soft. so yes in the purest definition of sport car. then again the thought of driving a viper everyday is NOT appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!
-moldy
The V appears in slow motion and soft because somebody of "above average" size can actually fit in the V.

Sorry if I offend you Moldy, but I got to autocross the Viper at C&Ds 50th. It was cramped, the top of the windshield split my vision, the tunnel contorted my legs and made the pedals hard to access, the gear whine was out of control and it was a pain to drive on the autocross course. It obviously wasn't meant for that, but still.

So hopping into a comfortable V, it will usually seem a little less visceral.
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
534 Posts
Along the same lines as the others... I have a NSX for fun, but I also looked at a Vette. I'm not really a Vette guy though. I wanted a more unique sports car, so when the opportunity to get a V came about, it was perfect as it was what's nice about a Z06 (i.e., powerful V8) in a practical sized car.
 

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
wooderson said:
I can get the '06 C6 with the Z51 package for $46,300. The V is a badasss car but is it worth the extra cash?

"Extra cash"? There are plenty of new Vs out there for $46k and change.

Personally, I love Vettes, but would never own one (except a C6 Z06)because everyone and there brother owns one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
If you know where the '06 V's are for $46k don't keep it a secret. I'll buy one today. I can't find a dealership on Long Island that even has one.
 

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
You didn't specify "'06", but you're probably correct that an '06 for $46k may be tough to come by, however I bet you could get pretty darn close. Grab an '04 or an '05, you can get well under that number.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top