Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just polished and waxed the ol' 79. Used Zymol cleaner wax, followed by Mequiar's Deep Crystal #3 liquid Carnuba wax. The paint and vinyl top are original. (Will have to post the pics individually)

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Ahh my baby. God I love that car.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Beautiful! What are those tires, Dimension IV's? I have a bad memory. I also you zymols, and love it. Did you put any kind of dressing on the landau/cabriolet top?

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Can I have that LOL :halo::drool:

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Ben, the tires are Broadway Classics 215/75's. As to the top, I use Mequiar's Natural Shine Vinyl/Rubber Protectant. I apply it using a soft 3" paint brush so the bristles get the liquid down in the pores of the vinyl. Let it set for a while then wipe it down with a soft cloth. Also use it on the tires as it gives more of a natural rubber look.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
We're square on the same page :) I also use 'Natural Shine' but never thought about a paintbrush, I think I'll try that. I usually saturate a terrycloth towel with conditioner, then massage it into the vinyl. As for tires, the light vinyl conditioners don't seem to last nearly as long as a tire dressing, however I too, like the low gloss look. So I like to use Meguiars foam on the tires, I spray it on and let it sit until it starts to run, then very lightly wipe off the excess a terrycloth towel. The foam is thin enough to avoid the greasy look, but tough enough to last a while.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
It's like it's 1979 all over again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts