Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Seville STS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I have a 1991 Deville, The check engine light desided to say HI today with some codes I'm unable to figure out. I did the "OFF", "WARMER" check and recovered a E52, E91 and "F" F30, F31, and F40. I have not been able to figure out what the F codes were for or what list to go under to check. I have alos not been able to clear the codes without disconnecting battery.

Next problem has to do with Heating. With car warmed up the " T " in back of engine is warm on all 3 ends, not hot The box behind glove box with arm that moves what I think is mixture door does move full travel with the sittings per CCC. On Ecom setting I get better heat output then with Auto. I have heard a quiet hiss if I goto full 90 degree setting.

Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wingralf said:
Hello Everyone

I have a 1991 Deville, The check engine light desided to say HI today with some codes I'm unable to figure out. I did the "OFF", "WARMER" check and recovered a E52, E91 and "F" F30, F31, and F40. I have not been able to figure out what the F codes were for or what list to go under to check. I have alos not been able to clear the codes without disconnecting battery.

Next problem has to do with Heating. With car warmed up the " T " in back of engine is warm on all 3 ends, not hot The box behind glove box with arm that moves what I think is mixture door does move full travel with the sittings per CCC. On Ecom setting I get better heat output then with Auto. I have heard a quiet hiss if I goto full 90 degree setting.

Jim
The F codes are body codes. The "E" codes are for your ECM. The "F" codes are for your BCM-body control module. Check flow through for heater core.

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
E52 - ElectronicControlModule memory reset
E91 - ParkNeutralPosition switch or circuit fault
F30 - Climate controlpanel to BodyControlModule fault - loss of communication
F31 - Fuel data center to BCM fault - loss of communication
F40 - HeatingVentilationAirConditioning system fault (air mix door)

·
Registered
02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,
219 Posts
I have a 93 deville, and it ALWAYS has that E-52 code, and I know what it means but whats up with it? The car seems to run right except for a little high idle at start-up that comes and goes. Then (you might have seen my other posts) my heat is screwy too, I get it on the right side of the car but not the left, the heater door is functioning properly and the heater core is not clogged, and I don't have any known vaccum leaks, got any ideas?

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts