Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 1997 ETC, is the space that holds the radio a 4'' or 3''? I read that most GM cars have the "one and a half DIN" 3'' space. But I have also seen people fit a double DIN in their car?
Also, what adapters (if any) would adapt the factory 32 prong connector to a, for example, 16 prong connector without losing anything such as alarms or lighting of any kind?
How about if I am just buying a new deck, and all new speakers? Would I be better off running an entirely new harness? I have seen adapters that would connect to aftermarket speakers if they're needed. But if I need to run all new wires, how hard would it be to do it myself, or how much would it cost?
In all, I just want to beable to go on with this without worrying about my alarm going off, or my lights not working.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
That would be the correct interface, as long as you do not have Bose. I used it in my '02 SLS, and it works great. Installation is simple also.

Don

·
Registered
178 Posts
This would be good for what I am looking for. I have the same exact car, but I don't have Onstar. Is that a problem with this connector? And I don't have the Bose system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ELDOminator