Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
81 Eldorado, 91 Sedan DeVille, 91, Fleewtwood, 92 Brougham
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, she's been in my hands for a couple of weeks and I still can't keep my hands off her. Thougt I'd share some of her views with you all. After feeling her up for a considerable amount of time, I'm getting to know her fairly well and have learned of a few things that she longs for. Three of her center caps are showing some age which pains me just as much as it does her, so those will have to be an upcoming purchase...she's been feeling a little burnt out to as her drivers side electro-illuminiscent emblem on the padded roof isn't lighting...also, as she's been locked away for some time, her Bose vocal chords haven't got much exercise and need some work. So...wheel pasties $200, replacement ear ring $100, Bose surgery $450...making the girl happy, priceless!!!

Quick history of her past: Two previous owners. Second owner purchased her in 91 with 6500 miles for his wife. She past away in 92 and the car saw very limited use there after. It was stored in a climate controled carpeted garage until her owner traded her away in May with 16,400 on the odometer. I picked her up in St. Louis and drove her back to the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.

Also, I want to create a photographic comparison for differences between models and equipment for 91 - 93 Devilles & Fleetwoods (at least as a start). I have three models to use as examples (those being a 93 Sedan Deville, a 91 Fleetwood Sedan and a 91 Fleetwood Sixty Special...all of which have the garnet red interior). If any of you have a 91-93 coupe deville, 91-92 Fleetwood Coupe or 93 Sixty Special with red interior or 91-93 Deville Touring Sedan and would be willing to make photo contributions, let me know!

Attachments

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on a great find!

I am still on the lookout for a Black 1993 Deville Touring with moonroof :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow, that is amazing, You collect 91-93 deVilles/Fleetwoods and Sixty Specials!
Out of the three you own, I take it the Sixty is your favorite? How does the "thigh" adjustment on the seats work? And it's even got side bolsters too! Wow! I am truly amazed!

I love it how the regular deVilles got treated like normal cars, but the Sixtys always got treated better, kept in a climate controlled garage, never driven in snow/rain, etc etc. And they've always got such low mileage!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a little info on how she's equiped:

Cottillion White with Garnet Red Leather
Lower Accent Color Delete
Lace allum. wheels
Security Package
Bose Cassette
Astroroof

She does not have the Cold Weather Package or Gold Ornamentation(which I am happy about). Other than missing the Cold Weather Package, she is an exact match to what I would have ordered from the factory if I had done so. I'd say we were meant for each other!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
NICE! How did you finder her and if I may ask, what did she cost?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found her through ebay from a dealer in Harrisburg, IL. I talked to the gentleman that had cared for her over the past 16 years (who wished he hadn't traded her) and got its history from him. She cost me quite a bit at $10k, which I was nervous about, but now that I have her in hand, I couldn't have asked for more. I've already had an offer of $12k, so I think I did alright. Where can you buy a $43k car with 18k on it for $10k?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chad: The foward four inches of the seats curl up and down. You can pretty much twist and turn the seats into any shape!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
that sure is a pretty car you have, my 60 special is a two-tone bronze and tan with factory chrome wheels but i dont have those seats you have or the moon roof. congrats on a nice car! i never knew 60 specials had a following and my wife never heard of one before i bought my 93.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Germanshepard! The wheels that you have are great...I'd like to find a set. They weren't available till 93, so mine couldn't have them. As far as the interior goes, the seats I have would have been in 93 what was called a Sixty Special Ultra which was a $3500 option. They did some name changing in 93 as the new rear wheel drive vehicle arrived. What you have would have been called a Fleetwood in 91 where mine is a Fleetwood Sixty Special. In 93, while yours is a Sixty Special mine would have been a Sixty Special Ultra and the new rear wheel drive sedans were called Fleetwood and Fleetwood Brougham. I'd love to see pics of your car...how long have you had it?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
WOOF, I'd like to see a pic or 2 of yours !!

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
ive had it for a lil bit, dont really drive it alot i have other cars and a demo (i work at a dealership), ive always been more fond of lincolns and woulve never given a second thought about these cars but i have to admit im getting more attached to them. i was always leery of the 4.x motors but i kinda like the 4.9 in mine. ill take the cover off one of these days and snap a few pics of her and like i said i never knew these cars had a following at all as a matter of fact mine was for sale in a grocery store parking lot the guy who was the second owner retired and works there like 20 hrs a week was selling it and he have me all the records origional window sticker and so on. my wife didnt want me to buy it, said no, fought with me....i did it anyways i thought i would make a good second hand work car, its a lil better than that and drives really nice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How many miles you got on it???...I've got a beautiful 87 Sig. Series Town Car with just 59K on it...Black with the Factory Simulated Conv. Top, Factory Moonroof, etc...how about a trade??? :)

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Oh man, and I laughing !! !! I was always an Imperial guy first, a Lincoln guy second and a Caddy guy third. But, I fell hard for the 1989-1993 "C" Body, still today, a beautiful car. I told myself that I'd buy one in the final year. I assume you've seen her! Then, come 1975, they killed my beloved Imperial. So I more/less went to Lincoln. I had a 1986 Mark, then a 1998 Mark and currently a 2003 Town Car LIMITED. In between came the 60 Special, but I never put any miles on her, as I had a "Demo" - too, as I also work(ed) in a Lincoln/Mercury store ~ Ha, ain't that the _hit. So, my Caddy is relagated to "Show Car" Status, and has 9,900 miles on her (in 14 years)!
With the demise of the Town Car in 8 months, I am not sure where I go next. I really would like a 2-seat high powered convertible. I am flirting with the idea of a Crossfire SRT-8 with its 330 H.P. Very Avant Guarde Pierre Cardin looking.
I cannot afford a new XLR "V" Supercharged, as I don't have the kinda $$$$ the drug dealer down the street from me makes to afford his dark cherry red XLR-"V" - Guess I went into the wrong "business"

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
I am flirting with the idea of a Crossfire SRT-8 with its 330 H.P. "
I thought you were against German cars? I thought the Crossfire SRT8 is a Mercedes SLK 32 AMG.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts