Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost didn't post this but seeing as how this forum has been slow as hell ever since Sal blocked it from general view.........I figured what the hell.
Last night on my way home a guy in a modded up Dodge P/U started "playing" with me as we came off a light. He roared by me to let me hear his rather boat-like exhaust system. So at the next light I returned the favor and let him hear my LT1 intake and exhaust roar. Well, that's all it took to hook that guy. For the next mile or so, he sat on my back bumper just waiting for his chance to show me his stuff. Unfortunately for him, he was under-estimating my land-yacht and as soon as traffic allowed, I pulled away from him just for a small distance to show him he was barking up the wrong tree. At the next light I was turning and thought for sure, he'd go flying by as so many losers do but surprizingly, he turned behind me. So now with nothing but open road in front of me, and a big-ass red P/U behind me, it was SHOW-TIME! We both hit it and I pulled away fairly easily. His truck was far quicker than stock but no real racer. On top of it all, he turned out to be a good sport too. When I slowed down and turned into our driveway, he drove by honking his horn and giving a :thumbsup:

There are still some good people out there.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it was a couple years old, probably a 390 motor. At least I think that's what they use in them :rolleyes:
And you're right about the new ones. A freind of mine got one. Silver short-bed, Hemi, aftermarket wheels. Really looks nice but is no runner.
Yesterday, I saw my first new Chevy SS P/U on the road. Damn that thing's ugly.

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Katshot said:
No, it was a couple years old, probably a 390 motor. At least I think that's what they use in them :rolleyes:
And you're right about the new ones. A freind of mine got one. Silver short-bed, Hemi, aftermarket wheels. Really looks nice but is no runner.
Yesterday, I saw my first new Chevy SS P/U on the road. Damn that thing's ugly.
The previous "big" V8 was the 5.9 liter (360 cubic inches). The new Hemi 5.7 liter puts out 100 more horsepower (345 horsepower (5,600 rpm) and 375 lb-ft of torque (4,400 rpm)) than the 5.9. The 5.9 was low tech, underpowered but torquey, and did have a good bit of potential for modding. Stock, the advantage was mainly towing/hauling.

At first, Dodge wasn't supposed to put the Hemi in the 1/2 ton pickups (only 3/4 and 1 ton), at least not right away, but they changed their minds. I haven't seen any 0-60 or 1/4 mile results for a standard cab Ram 1500 Hemi - should be interesting. Most of their power is top end though, as the big advantage of the hemi is breathing.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
Cool story! :cool: There is still alot of cool people out there that are just looking to have fun, whether they win or lose I guess. We had a 2001 Dodge Dually with the Cummins Turbo in her & she would move...and we actually had people come up on our ass to race..funny!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JerseyGirl said:
Cool story! :cool: There is still alot of cool people out there that are just looking to have fun, whether they win or lose I guess. We had a 2001 Dodge Dually with the Cummins Turbo in her & she would move...and we actually had people come up on our ass to race..funny!
Now THAT's a truck!!!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
just wait until i get the banks' dyno proven power pack (new intercooler, turbo, exhaust, header, chip). According to them it's going to add at least 100+lbft and they are known to be very good ppl.
Maybe i will run you to 60 in my truck afterwards. ;)

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Devil_concours said:
just wait until i get the banks' dyno proven power pack (new intercooler, turbo, exhaust, header, chip). According to them it's going to add at least 100+lbft and they are known to be very good ppl.
Maybe i will run you to 60 in my truck afterwards. ;)
Could be interesting I guess.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Well on the show "Trucks" When they were done the Ford was pushing 600 hp on the dyno(not an engine dyno either). Can't remember the torque numbers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts