Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have skimmed thru hundreds of posts and threads talking about the seat bottom and seat rail squeaks, metal on metal, putting in spacers and Tubing TSB.

However I have yet to find any mention of an actual seat BACK squeak and fix? I have a pretty significant creaking coming from right behind and just above hip level in the seat back on the door side of my STSV drivers seat. Every bump I hit or movement by me in the seat and it creaks louder than the radio or SC can cover. Has anyone else had this? Anyone heard of a fix for it?

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to spend some time out there trying to really narrow down the location, it appears to be the lower plastic cover for the seat that covers the pivot for the back and then goes forward under the main seat surround that has the seat controls.
It is creaking/groaning right at the pivot for the seat back anytime I lean or shift weight toward the outside of the car and only on the drivers seat back. shifting around on the seat bottom does not do anything, and the seat bottom is tight, not shifting per the common TSB for the seats. I can put my hand on the plastic around the pivot it and move/squeeze it and it quiets down. It is really loud while driving.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
776 Posts
Where is the bolt requiring the washer to be repositioned and tightened in the seat squeak TSB? I've never been able to locate it. I know it's the driver side rear outboard, but is the bolt the one from track to floor, or seat to track?

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHat I need to know too Roughne.. I have now traced mine down to actually being plastic on plastic rubbing at the rear drivers side track. The lower seat bezel and he seat rail cap rub together and squeak, also a little from the seat back to the lower bezel..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts