Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS N*
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my drivers door handle just went full retard as I cannot open it anymore (used to be sporadic). It is different because I can hear something rattling around the bottom of my door whenever I pull it. Also, the key does not do anything which greatly concerns me.
Is there a mechanical part that I need to order or do I have to fabricate something myself?

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
The key should always open the door. Sounds like the physical key linkage has come off the latch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can you still open it from the interior handle? You should really remove the door panel and the rain shield and inspect first...

·
Registered
2005 STS N*
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can open it from the interior handle. I'll try and get to taking off the door panel this Sunday and report back

·
Registered
2005 STS
284 Posts
You need to fix this ASAP. If the battery goes dead ( not unheard of in these cars ) there is no way in! Or if the passenger door decides to quit recognizing the fob, same paddle less boat.

·
Registered
2005 STS N*
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got this fixed yesterday. With the pictures of how to pull off the door panel, I had it off in no time!

I know someone had already been in my car to replace the door handle (twice by the previous owner), but they completely destroyed the rain shield and then glued it down. Anyways, I found that someone who used the key twisted it the wrong way and broke the little plastic clip that holds the rod attached to the lock. Got it all clipped back together and now it works without problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts