Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have anyone seen the new Ford Fusion? we'll if u did it looks just like a Cadillac CTS!!:eek:for less.I guess soon Hyundai will start to make:stirpot: a car to look like a Lamborghini Murcielago......the new Hyundaihini

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
I saw the ads and thought the same thing, knockoff of the CTS.

Would never buy a furd, I had to drive furd trucks at work and they are not all they are hyped to be, thats for sure. At the end of our lease, they sold for pennies at the auctions while GM trucks brought in good money.

·
Registered
CTS
558 Posts
There is no doubt the CTS was the inspiration for the Fusion, but the Fusion is nothing more than a $20,000 piece of plastic.

What goes around comes around...

GM copied Chrysler with this abomination:

Chevy HHR

Chrysler PT Cruiser

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
thanksfully chevy did a way better job in their copy...although i wouldn't be caught DEAD driving either one. and yes, i think the fusion looks more like an sts. atleast w/ the lights and grill...

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
TripleOught said:
thanksfully chevy did a way better job in their copy...although i wouldn't be caught DEAD driving either one. and yes, i think the fusion looks more like an sts. atleast w/ the lights and grill...
Whoa! Careful there, zeroed out!:xlol:

I just happen to have an '05 Cruiser, Mopar Stage 1, with a few other go goodies & Eibach suspension. These things can be serious fun & trust me, mine doesn't breath hard walking away from a CTS - mine or any others - short of a V of course... :hide:

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
There is no refinement at all in the Fusion. Its a styling cliche, with the front end of a cadi and import altezza lights in the rear. It would have had potential if it came out back in 2000, but its just too little too late.

I think its the replacement for the ford taurus. If so I think its a great move.

Lots of cars copy the CTS:

Chrysler 300: Side and rear profile

Infiniti G35: Front end

Acura TL: Side and rear profile (rear licence plate bezel and overall edgyness)

now add the Fusion to the list.

I like the CTS, because it did it first and it did it right. It still looks very unique and turns a lot more heads than any acura or infiniti.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
TripleOught said:
thanksfully chevy did a way better job in their copy...although i wouldn't be caught DEAD driving either one.
Same here, they are glorified station wagons and nothing more.

A friends wife wanted the PT crusier bad and they got one. After a year they realized is was a POS and dumped it.

·
Registered
CTS
558 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
There is no refinement at all in the Fusion. Its a styling cliche, with the front end of a cadi and import altezza lights in the rear. It would have had potential if it came out back in 2000, but its just too little too late.

I think its the replacement for the ford taurus. If so I think its a great move.

I like the CTS, because it did it first and it did it right. It still looks very unique and turns a lot more heads than any acura or infiniti.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:

which one came out first g35 or cts? I thought g35 came out before the cts

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Z71 said:
Same here, they are glorified station wagons and nothing more.

A friends wife wanted the PT crusier bad and they got one. After a year they realized is was a POS and dumped it.
Easily said, but most owners would disagree. The Cruiser, as Robert says, is a cute little wagon, incredibly versatile, and, in my experience, totally reliable - something I can't say about my CTS with its whimpy differential. I've been trying for several months to dump this thing at a fair price, but have pretty much given up &, as I've related previously, we've relegated it to to/from golf course (Anyone ever try to stuff a couple full size golf bags in the trunk? If only they'd have made it about two inches wider..., but I digress) - only about a 15 mile round trip - I seriously don't trust it much further. Third differential is about to belly up...

I've watched, with detached interest, the group buy strings on headers. If you owned a Lite Turbo Cruiser, for $350 you can boost hp by 60 -70, torque at 275 ft-lb, simply by slipping in a Mopar Stage 1 PCM module (took me about 15 minutes to swap out) - drop another couple hundred on BOV, drop-in K & N & do a bit of tweaking & you're running at about 275 hp. Spring for Eibach swaybars & springs & you've got a fast, light, reliable little stormer that handles pretty darned good - only disadvantage is need to use premium gas - watch out if you see the Mopar Stage 1 badge on the rear of one of these "POSs" - that's the only view you're likely to have... Robert, I can easily hang with my son-in-law's 300C Hemi until wind resistance starts to make a difference at a bit over 100...:lildevil:

·
Registered
413 Posts
About the differentials, either a couple of you got lemons or are driving it too hard because mine is going on 50,000 miles, and it has had no problems. I'm not a grandma driving, but I'm practicing for NASCAR everytime I go out either.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not to mention, if the CTS got more aftermaket support, like a programmer and mass produced headers, the CTS would crush the PT Cruiser due to aerodynamics. Not to mention, I would never be caught dead in a PT Cruiser, as they are simply ugly, and I'll get a heck of a lot more tail driving my CTS then a PT Cruiser.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
About the differentials, either a couple of you got lemons or are driving it too hard because mine is going on 50,000 miles, and it has had no problems. I'm not a grandma driving, but I'm practicing for NASCAR everytime I go out either.
Wish it were true, my friend... Our CTS has never been driven hard - no fast starts, etc. My wife puts on 95% of the miles & is a 63 yr old grandma who drives like a 63 yr old grandma. I'm a bit older, have owned a number of performance cars that I drove as such over the years, but do not abuse my vehicles. I love to play with my Cruiser, but have never tested the CTS's performance envelop. The differential on our car (all three of them) have never been stressed... I kinda think you got lucky with yours...:)

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
Not to mention, if the CTS got more aftermaket support, like a programmer and mass produced headers, the CTS would crush the PT Cruiser due to aerodynamics. Not to mention, I would never be caught dead in a PT Cruiser, as they are simply ugly, and I'll get a heck of a lot more tail driving my CTS then a PT Cruiser.
Dream on with aftermarket support - first let's take care of the differential issue - power's only good when delivered...

Well, I own 'em both, & don't get me wrong, I love the looks of the CTS & I'll concede the point on tail... This is a car that we really want to love - it just doesn't do its part... And this far GM hasn't done anything to correct the one shortcoming that prevents if from being a really great car...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts