24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

So I got these codes:

ACM B1347 Current - Very Low A/C Refrigerant Warning
TCS C1227 Current - Left Rear Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
TCS C1228 History - Right Rear Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
MSM B2116 Current - Rear Vertical Sensor Failed

I've only got really basic car knowledge, but hoping I can fix it myself with some of your help.
Done some search on the forum and I have to check the rear wheel connector to get rid of the 1227-28 codes. Is it possible to check it without getting the car lifted? And where and what on the wheel do I look for?
The last code with the seat, I can live with.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,974 Posts
Kind of hard to get at the wheel speed plugs without raising the car a bit, but doable if you are skinny and limber.

Assuming you do not have a leak, adding a can of freon will solve the A/C problem, but you will have to clear the code first. DO a search for a more detailed explanation.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
To get at the wheel speed sensors, your best bet is to jack the car up and take the wheel off. Make sure the car is in park and both front wheels have blocks around them before you jack up the back end.

The sensor itself is integral to the hub/bearing. The wire for the sensor is on the other side of the hub, so you'll have to look around the rotor to see it. You can't really miss it though because it's the only electrical component on the suspension other than the ride height sensors and the shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts