Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville DTS, 2001 Deville DHS
3 Posts
Hi,

My name is J Brown, and I recently started having trouble with my newly purchased 2000 DTS (150K miles). The Nav System goes blank, I lose the radio, control of the windows, door locks, gas gauge, temp gauge and the ignition won't turn to the off position. I've pulled the Nav fuse (#15 in rear panel) out a couple times to allow it to reset. But by my third trip of the day the car goes right back to doing the same thing. Then I get the security light stuck on and a service air bag message. I've been told it's a bad BCM, and I've been told its a broken wire in the ignition. Please help me before I spend a fortune trying to fix this thing!!!!

Thanks,

Hi,

My name is J Brown, and I recently started having trouble with my newly purchased 2000 DTS (150K miles). The Nav System goes blank, I lose the radio, control of the windows, door locks, gas gauge, temp gauge and the ignition won't turn to the off position. I've pulled the Nav fuse (#15 in rear panel) out a couple times to allow it to reset. But by my third trip of the day the car goes right back to doing the same thing. Then I get the security light stuck on and a service air bag message. I've been told it's a bad BCM, and I've been told its a broken wire in the ignition. Please help me before I spend a fortune trying to fix this thing!!!!

Thanks,
J.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks,
J.
==========================
the FIRST step - always - is
check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

================

sounds like a loose wire/bad ground - somewhere -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts