Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
None
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 97 Deville, the a/c compresser is not kicking on and the display on the dash says the compresser is off. What gives?

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
When the pressure drops low enough the compressor is disabled to prevent damage. You will probably want to have it checked out at a reputable shop. How was the ac working last blowing cold or has it been working less and less.

·
Registered
None
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know how the a/c was functioning. The car sat for about two years and I am now getting it back on the road. I brought the car to a shop this morning to have freon put in it. The message on the dash said it was low on refrigerant and after I had it charged the dash said compresser is off.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,261 Posts
Don't know how the a/c was functioning. The car sat for about two years and I am now getting it back on the road. I brought the car to a shop this morning to have freon put in it. The message on the dash said it was low on refrigerant and after I had it charged the dash said compresser is off.
==========================
The message on the dash said it was low on refrigerant
there WILL be a code set for the low freon -
that code MUST be cleared before the compressor will engage -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
:yeah: If they didn't clear the code, the compressor didn't run and they didn't add any refrigerant. They may have just charged you for it.
Pull your codes. Post them AND their definitions. Definitions can be found in the link in the DTC Sticky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts