Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville, 1999 STS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My A/C compressor cycles and works. The vent temp on the two passenger vents blow cold, but the driver's side two vents blow warm air.

It makes no difference whether the passenger control temperature is turned on or not.

Sometimes, when I set the fan speed to low, all vents will blow cold.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville, 1999 STS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know I have a flaky ignition switch. Could that be related? My sincere apologies for not mentioning that in my original post.

I will pull the codes tonight and post the "B" codes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
It sounds like an air blend door problem. One of our members here had that happen on a 98 STS and it turns out that the blend door actuators on 98+ models are one module. You should have an ACM code to reflect that.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,113 Posts
That is a symptom of low refrigerant. Probably just needs a top off.

·
Registered
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins , 2011 SRX
177 Posts
Just replaced three of them on my 98. Codes were B1340, B1341, B1343, B1344. Driver mix, passenger mix, Compartment recirculate. All had the main gear broken. Driver mix had to come from GM Parts direct, all others from Rock Auto.

Bill

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
I feel your pain, Rafterd, I replaced one and refurbished a second one on my 97. Like you mentioned, the main nylon gear was cracked. But on one of the actuators, I was able to "super glue" the gear back onto the shaft and revive it. Mine were $80 a pop so it was worth attempting the fix.

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Seville STS
13 Posts
steve1123, I hope you dont mind me posting this up in here, but since we have the same problem, I wouldnt think you would mind?

I topped off my AC last week and didnt notice any difference. Also, the AC in my F150 Supercrew is ice cold compared to the STS.

I just ran out and checked the codes. Here they are in no particular order:

AMP: B1327
AMP: V1064
DDM: B2240
DIM: B1324
IPC: B1983
PCM: P0603
SDM: B1147
SDM: B1148
SDM: B1327

I replaced my front wheels bearings and a ride height sensor last summer and never cleared the codes, so this could be from some of that. Also, most of these saty history.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was just reading through some threads and noticed that alot of these codes are from battery dying or battery removel which reminded me that I just replaced the battery a month or so ago cause it died while it was parked over the winter and wouldt take a charge. $160.00 through GM for a new batttery. Woohoo. Lol. Still need to figure out whats going on.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
....Also, most of these saty history.
Do you really want us to "guess" at which of your "B" codes might be History?

Or would you rather have a reasonably accurate diagnosis based on current DTCs to get you pointed in the right direction??

You might consider starting a new thread with your specific HVAC symptoms.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you really want us to "guess" at which of your "B" codes might be History?

Or would you rather have a reasonably accurate diagnosis based on current DTCs to get you pointed in the right direction??

You might consider starting a new thread with your specific HVAC symptoms.
Im terribly sorry for not specifying which ones were current or history. And Im afraid I cleared all the codes before I came back in the house. And as I stated, I am having the same exact same issue the thread starter is having, so why create another thread for the same issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I cleared my codes 3 times today. Only one that keeps coming back is DIM: B1324 History. I dont know why it isnt staying current. Although, my ac seems to working fine now...

·
Super Moderator
87,113 Posts
B1324 - A/C Refrigerant Overpressure

When the A/C gets turned off it is no longer current and goes to history.

·
Registered
2000 Deville, 1999 STS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, my apologies for the long delay in posting my codes. The only "B" code I have is a RIM B0532. Which I think has to do with the fuel tank sending unit (my fuel gauge swings between empty and full all the time).

I also checked the refrigerant level. It was a little low, so I topped it off.

I also checked the cabin air filter. It was indeed filthy. I replaced it.

After this, the driver side vents still blow warm air while the passenger side vents blow ice cold. However, when the fan speed is at full, the driver's side is warm (almost hot) but when I decrease the fan speed, the driver side air vents get a little colder.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Ok, my apologies for the long delay in posting my codes. The only "B" code I have is a RIM B0532. Which I think has to do with the fuel tank sending unit (my fuel gauge swings between empty and full all the time).

I also checked the refrigerant level. It was a little low, so I topped it off.

After this, the driver side vents still blow warm air while the passenger side vents blow ice cold. However, when the fan speed is at full, the driver's side is warm (almost hot) but when I decrease the fan speed, the driver side air vents get a little colder.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

OMG - I've never heard that replacement mentioned so casually in this forum :worship:

·
Registered
2000 Deville, 1999 STS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG - I've never heard that replacement mentioned so casually in this forum :worship:
LOL. I was able to mention it so casually because my Dad replaced it! LOL :thumbsup: If he would have written the above response... it would probably have been deleted by the administrator :)

·
Super Moderator
87,113 Posts
I think you may be looking at a bad air mix actuator.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts