Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 sedan deville 4.9
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been trying to recharge my a/c. Its blowing warm air out the vents and I don't hear the compressor cycling on and off. While trying to add the Freon and system sealant I notice that it seems like none of it was going in. Almost like it wanted to kick it back toward me. After attempting to add the freon it still blows warm and no change in the temp at all, what could be going on here?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
You need a set of gauges to do it correctly. Those leak stops not a good idea. The system if empty needs to be vacuumed down once leak fixed to remove moisture and allow freon to enter and get proper amount in.
If you're using gauge on freon deal those are nothing but trouble..

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,257 Posts
Hey guys I've been trying to recharge my a/c. Its blowing warm air out the vents and I don't hear the compressor cycling on and off. While trying to add the Freon and system sealant I notice that it seems like none of it was going in. Almost like it wanted to kick it back toward me. After attempting to add the freon it still blows warm and no change in the temp at all, what could be going on here?
================================
While trying to add the Freon and system sealant.........................
NEVER use stop-leak products - :tisk:
find - and FIX the leak - :yup:

Almost like it wanted to kick it back toward me.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm - a SMART AC system - :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
You need to clear the low refrigerant DTC to enable the compressor so it can draw in the refrigerant, but follow the above advice regarding sealants. :tisk:

·
Registered
1994 sedan deville 4.9
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to clear the low refrigerant DTC to enable the compressor so it can draw in the refrigerant, but follow the above advice regarding sealants. :tisk:
Sorry guys I've used the sealant in the post with good luck.. Guess this is no longer the case. But I also have no service messages...so from this point i need a system vac?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,257 Posts
Sorry guys I've used the sealant in the post with good luck.. Guess this is no longer the case. But I also have no service messages...so from this point i need a system vac?
=====================
well - with no leaks - and no codes - and no messages -
it should be blowing ice cubes from the vents -

what are the high and low pressure readings?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts