Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! New to the forum but liking it alot so far...so my grandpas 98 deville needs an A/C Recharge (he is having the hot on the pass side and cold on the drivers side problem) I plan on turning the temps up and down to get the actuators moving, but i'd like to just check his pressure and fill it to what is needed...anyone got a DIY for this process? I'm pretty handy, just haven't worked on a caddy before...Thanks

Ari

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,977 Posts
Just buy 1 can of R134a with a hose to fill it and add it to the low pressure side. The service ports are different sizes so it cannot be put on the high side. Turn the A/C on high (60 Degrees), hook up the can, open the valve, turn can upside down. When it is empty, close the valve and disconnect the hose.
P.S. Purge the air from the hose before you hook it up so as not to add any moisture into the system.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...is there by chance a DIY around with some pics or something? I'm really more of a visual learner...plus i'm not exactly sure where the ports are that you are referring to...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,977 Posts
I don't think there is a DIY tutorial anywhere that I can remember. There might be a pic somewhere if you search hard enough. The service ports have what looks like large tire valve caps on them. There should be instructions in the recharge kit.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
rezbmr,
You can get a very nice tutorial DVD for $6 at autozone and it explains the whole system for you. This DVD even shows you how to remove and replace a full system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts