Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a el do can u use the do it ur self a/c fill kit to recharge the air??? cuz i was wondering before i went out and got some...

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
No offense, but please, this isn't your cellphone text messaging. All of the letters are easily accessible on the keyboard. Go ahead and practice.

Yes you can use a recharge kit from your local parts house. You don't get the pleasure of evacuating the system, but you can add R-134a and get a kit with the gauge included so you can monitor the low side pressure.

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry... didnt mean to was in a rush.... new to this whole forum thing... ok another question than when i click on a/c on my car.. it was says compressor off so how would i enable it back on?

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Check for real obvious leaks first, then add some freon. Then start the car and finish adding freon. If it doesn't work in this order you'll need to clear codes.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
I think if it says compressor off, you have a low refrigerant code that has to be cleared to enable the compressor.

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
You do it yourself. Check the Tech Tips section on how to pull the codes.

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes and i went to the tech area and i tryed to clear the codes with what it said and stuff but nothign ever poped up...

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
Hard to tell without knowing what you are doing. Are you holding the 2 buttons long enough?

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
take the negative battery cable loose for 10 seconds, the computer will forget the low freon code, open the valve on the can of freon on low side, then start engine, be sure to get freon with oil already mixed with it or use a couple of oil charge cans before you put the freon in you lost the oil when the freon leaked out.

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
Whoa. A "couple of oil charge cans"? You're going to put way too much oil in there. Don't add any oil unless you drained some replacing a component or had a sudden catostrophic discharge.

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am holding the buttons on the ccc the off button and than the off button with the pass above it how long do i hold them togather for i did it for leik 3 mins nothing came up.. well my system been torn apart when i pulled the motor out for the headgasket repair...

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
Huh? Simuiltaneously press and hold the OFF and PASSENGER WARMER buttons.

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i figured what i was doing wrong... and these codes came up ac 1347, tc 0061 tc 0073,pz 1970 pz 2042, and rf 2560

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry if this seems really stuipd.. but i dont no how to clear the codes i mean it goes to clear codes.. but than what do i do i hit off but nothing happens..

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
High fan = YES and low fan = NO to answer the prompts. CLEAR CODES? > HIGH FAN (yes).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts