Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 sedan de ville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 deville 4.9 v-8 my ac crkt .which is on fuse #5 the erls crkt and a 15 amp fuse continues to blow 1to 2 minutes after I engage the compressor.I know the purge cannister as well as the egr crkt and the trans axel selenoids are all ran on this one 15 amp crkt.I have isolated each crkt individually and the ac crkt is the only one blowing the fuse.I have traced the wiring from the compressor clutch pigtail to the firewall and did find 2 possible shorts.I repaired both areas in the wiring and thought I had found my problem not so easily cured.I am thinking my problem may be in the compressor I would appreciate any feedback from someone who might have had a similar issue

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,415 Posts
My guess would be the problem is in the clutch rather than the compressor.

P.S
I changed your title to make it more descriptive. Your screen name doesn't tell people much and may not get your thread read.

·
Registered
1993 sedan de ville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input and dressing up my post. I am just getting started and appreciate your help. I may just change the clutch and see if that solves my problem it is getting a little frustrating.thanks again.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville
9 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my '93 DeVille. Did you fix your problem? If so, was it in the A/C compressor, clutch, or wiring harness?
My car keeps blowing the #5 15amp fuse and has no A/C and poor low speed (< 5mph) torque.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts