Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for my A/C drain tube on my 2003 CTS. I have already done a search and checked through about ten pages with no luck. I think this may be plugged because when I was running wires under the carpet, I noticed there was a small puddle under the passenger rear foot area. I see in other posts that you should use weed wacker string to clear the tube...I just can't find the tube. Help!

·
Registered
94 Eldorado NS, 03 CTS
44 Posts
Ctfzr,

I read about the weed wacker line also but it was to clear the sunroof drains. I can't find a drain line for the A/C or the floor pans anywhere under the car. I had to open a floor plug, a metal tab under the car to drain out some of the water in the passenger (right rear) area.

If anyone can help us we would appreciate the info. I would like to correct the situation and drain the A/C coil properly before it thaws and soaks the carpet.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
Under the carpet and down the side of the console. I'd look under a running CTS that isn't plugged to see where the drips are supposed to come out and poke weed wacker string in the hose toward the evaporater.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Look underneath the center of the dash area... in front of the center console.
There is a tube that comes out from the center of the bottom of the HVAC case, goes towards the driver and then down through a grommet on the floor.
Here is a crummy picture. You might have to pull the carpet back a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
CTS 2004 3.6
3 Posts
i pulled back the carpet and found this tube...how do I disconnect it to clear it out? it comes down from the dash and disappears into the center console with some black sealant type material around it. not sure how to open it up and clear it out.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
2006 cts a/c drain plug

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS and I am trying to find the air-conditioning drain plug because there is water leaking underneath my passenger side dash.. can anybody help me... I have been looking for hours for it and cannot find a specific place of where it is. Can anybody tell me the exact location.

Moderator edit: Threads merged from the Lounge to the proper CTS forum.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Thank you I found it!! Now once it's clear shouldn't a ton of water start coming out? I've blown air through it and rigged something up to suck stuff through and I'm getting a little drips of water but nothing big!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,104 Posts
Re: 2006 cts a/c drain plug

IF the drain was plugged and water was overflowing onto the driver's/passenger's floor, then you should get quite a bit of water out upon clearing the drain. If the car is idling with the A/C running - warm, humid day - then the steady drip is just fine.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Okay I've found it and cleaned it and it working great again but my next problem is my lights and windows and theft protection are all going crazy and I can't take my key out of the ignition. Do you think I damaged the bcm?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
Re: 2006 cts a/c drain plug

Did the lights, windows and such arise after messing around with the A/C drain tube?

KOT

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
No I was an idiot and didn't fix the leaking water under the passenger side dash and I think that's what made everything go crazy. Ive been doing some research and I think I got the bcm wet. Which is why I decided to go out and fix it. I should have done it way earlier so I didn't have this problem but I didn't have the time.

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
05 CTS water spilling into my floor

hey guys so im in need of some help. I have a 2005 cadillac cts 3.6 L v6. Every time i drive with the ac on and make a sharp turn water spills into my passanger side floor matts. I think my ac drain tube is clogged. I tried looking for it with the car lifted but had no luck. If it is an easy fix can anyone help me to unclogg it or if anyone knows of a cheap price to have it professionally done. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,110 Posts
I merged your post with a couple of older threads that talk about that A/C drain hose. Based on the pic that ewill3rd posted, and from what I've read elsewhere, the water leaks out on the passenger side, but the drain hose is on the driver side of the center console.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts