Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had my A/C compressor replaced and am going to fill the system with some R134a tomorrow.
Wondering how much oil I should put in the system seeing as the compressor has been changed, and the shop was unable to charge it at the time.
I'm assuming 5oz should be enough. Also does anyone know off hand the amount of freon I will need? Thanks.

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
According to notes I saved, the system holds up to 8 oz of PAG oil. Keep in mind that your new compressor should come with PAG oil already in it. I've seen PAG oil charges in smaller cans that are 2 oz. If you know that the new compressor has the oil, you might be OK as is. My notes also say you need 32 oz (2 pounds) of freon. Be sure you have evacuated your system first before recharging.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,556 Posts
What are you asking? Freon charge or oil? Did the compressor come with oil in it and the lines capped? If not, the shop should have added oil to the compressor before installing it. It holds 2.7 oz of PAG oil. The system holds 2.2 lbs of refrigerant.

·
Registered
95 Eldorado
268 Posts
If your going to evacuate you might as well go ahead and pull a vaccum of 30 kilopascals for roughly an hour i believe it is. My time may be off but you definatley want to do this to make sure there are no leaks in the system, and I suggest adding tracer light leak uv leak dye as well since your already in there with the system empty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts