Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 eldorado touring and A/C is not working and some one has cut and bypassed (Hotwired compressor) to make it work, I have since made all repairs to this mess and and have come to the conclusion the problem is inside the car..I can ground green/White stripe wire in car by Pcm and A/C works.. Does the PCM controle the A/C or does the body controle mod? and where is the body controle mod located(What will it look like and size)And i have also tried resetting The pcm with a tip i found somewhere else that involved pressing auto and temp together to clear codes but that diddn't work(may not have done it right)? any help ? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The computer provides a ground to turn on sensors and compressors as you have found out by grounding this wire. Do a google for anthonywhaukap and click on cadillac at the top of his web page regarding entering diagnostics. I think theres an A/C code held in the ECM that needs erased to enable a ground circuit thru the ECM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1995 Cadillac & the A/C works great sometimes, then it just quits cooling, then it may come back & start cooling later, anyone have the same problem?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Refer to answer above your post referring to that web site and pull the fault codes if any. Post back but post as a new thread please.

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The computer provides a ground to turn on sensors and compressors as you have found out by grounding this wire. Do a google for anthonywhaukap and click on cadillac at the top of his web page regarding entering diagnostics. I think theres an A/C code held in the ECM that needs erased to enable a ground circuit thru the ECM.
I had striped the interior out to have carpet shampooed and had the pcm out and when i put it back in to move car around the ac started working so i must just have a bad connection at the pcm? i claened the plug connections with some electrial cleaner and am hoping for the best..:welcome::welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts