Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with my 15 Escalade. A/C is blowing hot in the front and cold in the rear. Anyone have this issue before? I’ve read it may be a blend door actuator. Any ideas?

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
196 Posts
I think the same as my Denali. Its in rear on passenger side. its not fun but you can do it. Its a tight fit with your hand. If same as mine it was right below rear window behind big plastic cover.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the blend door actuator for the front a/c is in the rear of the vehicle? Thought it was under the dash on the front passenger side.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So the blend door actuator for the front a/c is in the rear of the vehicle? Thought it was under the dash on the front passenger side.
There is one above driver right knee for defrost feet extra. One behind radio kinda on passenger side is for hot/cold on passenger side driver side still works fine if this brakes. There's more up front i think 2 in rear i don't know what exactly they all do but i do know about the ones i have replaced.
And use oem actuator

·
Registered
196 Posts
There is one above driver right knee for defrost feet extra. One behind radio kinda on passenger side is for hot/cold on passenger side driver side still works fine if this brakes. There's more up front i think 2 in rear i don't know what exactly they all do but i do know about the ones i have replaced.
And use oem actuator
I mean there's one one passenger side behind radio

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We’re you having an issue with the back being hot and the front being cold?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I broke the steam on the door flap,actuator goes to. Nead to remove dash ac condenser plus more to fix door flap. I glued it and manually move it for heat and ac. If i put actuator on it brakes again. This is the one on passenger side it only controls passenger heat/ac on passenger side. But ac and heat work on driver side.
There's one on passenger side below air bag i Don't know what it does.

·
Registered
196 Posts
We’re you having an issue with the back being hot and the front being cold?
I hade the back heat that comes from roof brake and very back floor vent blowing cold in winter. That one is located in rear passenger side

·
Registered
196 Posts
I hade the back heat that comes from roof brake and very back floor vent blowing cold in winter. That one is located in rear passenger side
Sorry about that the roof vent didn't brake. They blow air just cold when i wanted hot same with back floor vents

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just noticed you have 2015 i have 09 you have new body style. My old style stuff is probably in different places.
But im pretty sure i have 6 heat/ac actuators so you probably have same or more

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
427 Posts
I'm having this same issue. AC blows cold in the rear (as set), but the front blows hot air out of all the upper vents. Did you ever get a fix...or does anyone else know what causes this?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
427 Posts
Today I ran a diagnostic...no codes. Also the AC performed normally. I cycled through all the blower and vent modes, and everything worked just fine. So, this is obviously mechanical, since it does not generate a code...and it is also intermittent. The OP thought it was a "blend door" problem. Can anyone expound on that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts