Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the problem. I bought my 95 Deville 4.9 about 2 months ago. Unknown to me, the battery tie down was missing. I went to start the car one day and low and behold, the battery had grounded to the a/c and the car wouldn't start. I moved the battery back, rigged a tie down and the car starts and runs fine but the a/c is now blowing warm. I had my shop look at it but they didn't have time to work on it so I only have a small idea of what the problem is. I was told that the connector to the compressor was burned out since the fuse was fine and when jumped, the compressor still wont kick on. Does this sound right to anyone else???

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Well if the compressor shorted out and you can by pass the wiring harness and it still won't kick on then it sounds like you need a compressor. I am not really good at diagnosing problems like that but I'd at least plan on budgeting for a new compressor. On the plus side winter is comming fast.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,714 Posts
The compressor is controlled by one of the on-board computers. When a sensor detects low refridgerant, it locks out the compressor from turning on, until you clear the trouble codes. Or you can disconnect the battery for a few seconds, and that will clear the codes, Along with your radio stations.
Now, if the low refridgerent condition hasn't been addressed, then the compressor will be locked out again after, maybe 30 seconds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts