Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im hoping you can help a guy from the UK

I have a 1999 Cadillac Seville STS (UK MODEL) and ive sorted a few codes but 2 are eluding me.
I have the usual speed limited to 90mph message on the dash and i have 2 codes (current) stored in the PCM.
CURRENT:C1738 EXHAUST SOLENOID VALVE SHORT TO GND
CURRENT:C1782 ICCS2 DL LEFT OUTPUT SHORT CKT TO BAT

I have done a bit of research and all im getting is "The compressor is bad" the suspension does seem a little soft but it sits level.

Im competent enough to do most things i just need steering in the right direction as to the common causes and usual fixes for the problems.
I have scoured this site and found info but i wondered if the 2 codes are related to one thing or if they are 2 separate issues?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Gary

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,455 Posts
The car uses conventional hydraulic struts and shocks incorporating CVRSS - Constantly Variable Road Sensing Suspension - for suspension control. The rear shocks incorporate air bladders, lines, a compressor and control head and rear height sensors to compensate for extra weight in the trunk or rear seat. The C 1738 says that the compressor control head (fill/vent) is faulty. Common. Compressor assembly replacement. The Suncore site.

ICCS is Integrated Chassis Control System - and that diagonstic is going to need the diagnostic trees in the GM/Helm service manual. eBay or www.helminc.com. Maybe in your proper model/year in www.alldatadiy.com.

EDIT: Welcome to the Funny Farm !!! :highfive:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for that reply.Am i right in assuming this fault means it pointless seeing if there is a 12v feed to the compressor or are there any relays or fuses that could go that would cause it not to work?The car sits nice and level if im honest but i do intend to tow a caravan(trailer) with it so could do with it fixing.

Thanks again.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,455 Posts
"Faulty" - something's wrong - it may be wiring or fuses, or it may be a corroded control head. The compressor system uses a dessicant filter/dryer canister to remove moisture condensation caused by heat of compression - if that canister overloads with snot it corrodes and ruins the compressor and air system. If the control head solenoid is compromised it could well cause a short to ground.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great thanks for that. I've subscribed for a year to my model on Alldata which is a bit like our European Autodata.
I'm guessing I'm going to need a tech 2 to delve into it more am I?
I have a Snap on solus but it can't seem to access it as in depth as what a tech 2 will by the looks of it :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a side note. Do you have to press the brake the pedal to start these cars?
When I bought the car when I went to start it, it just clicked, all lights on dash went out as if the battery was flat. Next turn it was fine.
Just been to the gas station and it did it a good 10 times. I then pressed the brake pedal and it started!
Tried it again at work and it started again fine.
It looks like somebody has fitted a small battery so I've just ordered the correct one as someone has altered the terminals to suit.
Any advice on this please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts