Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie, can you guys put together a H&C package deal for the V with special pricing?
With your suggested components and cam spec... the choices are overwhelming otherwise.

Maybe 2 packages (only examples):

-1-
- ETP 215 heads
- "Caddy Cam" (220 224?)
- Install & Tuning

-2-
- ETP 215 heads
- "Caddy Cam"
- Kooks Headers w/cat connector pipes
- Install & Tuning

I think you'll get a lot of interest :)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Interested!!!!!:)

Dreamin, what kind of rear wheel power would these produce? I'm really interested in the package that produced 471rwhp!

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Staxxin said:
Dreamin, what kind of rear wheel power would these produce? I'm really interested in the package that produced 471rwhp!
I *believe* that was a full-blown 402 motor, including block, heads (& head work I think), cam, etc. I will let Charlie/Andy answer that directly, but I don't think that was just the stock motor with a heads/cam package.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Luna. said:
I *believe* that was a full-blown 402 motor, including block, heads (& head work I think), cam, etc. I will let Charlie/Andy answer that directly, but I don't think that was just the stock motor with a heads/cam package.
Gotcha!!! I must have missed that :(

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Yeah, that was the LS2-based 402 stroker.

Dreamin: note that Andy is also a Stainless Works dealer.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Why is AA avoiding this thread? They sounded so eager. Are they still in the R&D phase? Did I miss another thread answering this? What gives?

89 Posts
We are still very eager but time seems to be moving by just too fast these days.

Anyway, we have a great new cylinder head that is big on flow and high on velocity....fits right in between the AFR 205 and the ETP 225.

Flow is in the 320 CFM range, with 215 CC runners and is based on a new casting made by Edelbrock. Fully CNC'd and ready to install, under $2100 per pair, no cores required.

Next is the V series cams and this is tough because it's all about drivability, mileage and emissions. We have all this covered with our new A&A, V specific grinds - VX1 and VX2 cams.

We have a "test mule car" that will be getting the install during February and we will announce price and performance numbers then.

In the meantime, how about that dyno day....when do you guys want to get together?

Charlie

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
How about this Sunday? :D We are all meeting up already.

What are the possibilities of getting aftermarket heads on a maggied car?

89 Posts
The package is about to undergo real world testing and an accelerated reliability/life test.

We hope to finish all testing and post results, specifications, pricing and availability by the first week in March.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I'm only jumping in to stay posted on the progress...and Dreamin - that is my dream car in your avatar. Guess we know what you'll be buying next.

WW

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wildwhl said:
and Dreamin - that is my dream car in your avatar. Guess we know what you'll be buying next.
Plans are already in motion... just give me a few months. Though prices on the F360 are dropping fast :banghead:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
F360 schmixty...The Z06 is the car you actually want. Yes it is GM. Yes it will have issues. And for sure an "F" car doesn't?

I'd take the Z for sure over the F, though I'd love to own an F355/360/3?? at some point in my life.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
[email protected]&ACorvette said:
The package is about to undergo real world testing and an accelerated reliability/life test.

We hope to finish all testing and post results, specifications, pricing and availability by the first week in March.

Charlie
any updates?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts