Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Pretty dramatic. I think this annual event should replace that silly thing they do with groundhogs on February 2nd every year.

·
Registered
07 CTS-V
351 Posts
Lol....I went home to the Owosso/Corunna/Durand area over the holidays.....I can truly say...I do not miss it...not one bit...7 months, 3 days....couldn't do it...

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me tell you, after 7 mos and 3 days, it is so-o much fun driving my V. Compared to a Chevy Cruze ECO, you just can't imagine.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
149 Posts
I can relate here in NH!! My V just got out two weeks ago ... And oddly enough my wife has an SRX and I thought about getting a Cruze for my work car but really wanted AWD so I have a Subaru Legacy.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Mine's gets driven as long as it's not covered in snow :). My garage ain't big enough! (otherwise it too would sleep through the winter)

·
13,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... wanted AWD ...
You probably have more hills than we do, and AWD is a must during the winter. Our "hills" are very gentle in comparison.

Mine's gets driven as long as it's not covered in snow :). My garage ain't big enough! (otherwise it too would sleep through the winter)
You must have A/S tires. I remember driving my V with the original runflats when they were nearly worn out. I had zero traction in 1 inch of snow.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,404 Posts
Pretty dramatic. I think this annual event should replace that silly thing they do with groundhogs on February 2nd every year.
Over here on the Shore we have an event each March 21 - "The Burning Of The Socks". Bonfire lit, Bloody Marys, boat shoes on, socks off and in the fire.

----------

It always amazes me how quickly it starts after so long.
Ease of starting after storage is usually testimony to the storage preparation - and the care and maintenance given to the car on a routine basis.

·
Registered
none
194 Posts
You must have had yours on a tender, I was treated to an anticlimatic starter click when trying to start mine after winter. :)

·
13,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You must have had yours on a tender, I was treated to an anticlimatic starter click when trying to start mine after winter. :)
Yup. I edited out the part with me fumbling around disconnecting it.

sounds nasty...looks like the dog knew what was up.
Didn't realize he had walked into camera view, but I didn't edit him out. He deserves to be famous.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
As soon as the dog saw you go for the drivers door, he vacated...

I've spent a certain amount of time in Detroit and I cringe driving there in the summer...can't image how bad winter would be.

Have fun!

·
13,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... I've spent a certain amount of time in Detroit and I cringe driving there in the summer...can't image how bad winter would be. ...
Same as Boston and same as Chicago with small variations. Having four very distinct seasons makes it more interesting.

Variety makes life better. It's all good.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
149 Posts
We have hills to spare!! Hell if I can make it up my driveway everything else is easy!

I used a battery tender this years too worlds of difference on the start up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts