Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a new car and I can decide between a 07 CTS-V or a STS-V... I will be doing alot of traveling probably about 3000 a month or some.
So I what something fast and that can handle but also something that has a good ride and everything. So please tell me what you think?

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
for ground pounding fun the CTS-v is a good way to go BUT if you want the power of the CTS-V (and a bit more) but want a more civil ride for the long trips then the STS-V is for you. The STS-V has so many more comfort features than the CTS. Plus when pushed the STS-V handles very well and has a lot of get-up-and-go for those drag races.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am going to buy a new car and I can decide between a 07 CTS-V or a STS-V... I will be doing alot of traveling probably about 3000 a month or some.
So I what something fast and that can handle but also something that has a good ride and everything. So please tell me what you think?
I have my 06 sts v w/ now 2880 miles priced at 52 900. Car is perfect. Save 12 000 on the sts v or pay cts v price for sts v luxury....in the classifieds or [email protected]

·
Registered
07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX
207 Posts
that is a very good price. after owning both, my suggestion is to test drive each car, and then decide which is better for your needs/wants. all three v's deliver 0-60 under 5 seconds, and are great cars.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts
The performance of both of these cars are about identical in speed, after seeing both run at the track. The CTS will have a low speed handling advantage and will be easier to get around in since it is considerably smaller, plus if no traffic the stick is a lot more fun to play with. In my case the CTS was too small feeling. I like big cars and lots of room. The STS felt more solid in high speed sweepers, and on any long high speed drive, with a more forgiving suspension for the long haul. I just determines what you want and need. IF I didn't do so much long driving, and didn't have so much traffic to deal with, I would have gotten the CTS myself for the fun factor, and would have saved a lot of money, plus I could deal with the smaller size, but I love the crap out of the STS!

·
Registered
403 Posts
The performance of both of these cars are about identical in speed, after seeing both run at the track. The CTS will have a low speed handling advantage and will be easier to get around in since it is considerably smaller, plus if no traffic the stick is a lot more fun to play with. In my case the CTS was too small feeling. I like big cars and lots of room. The STS felt more solid in high speed sweepers, and on any long high speed drive, with a more forgiving suspension for the long haul. I just determines what you want and need. IF I didn't do so much long driving, and didn't have so much traffic to deal with, I would have gotten the CTS myself for the fun factor, and would have saved a lot of money, plus I could deal with the smaller size, but I love the crap out of the STS!
Uhhhhhh.....mine is still available and bottom is 52,000 before i give in and trade it in at the stealership. MSRP was 79,000 with the chromies. New pics in classifieds. http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2780&sort=1&cat=25&page=1

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts
Dude, What a DEAL, Buy his man, 2600 miles, you gotta be kidden me! I wish I would have bought yours!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts