Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$2.00 plastic pulley wheel broke. Called dealer parts department, no replacement wheels available. Told only way to fix is to replace entire window regulator $460.00 plus tax. Searched threads and found one with photos, broken wheel along with shot of cable damage from binding and crimping around motor gear drive. I removed motor to find sever damage to cable, so there went my idea to repair the broken wheel. Thanks to the many threads suggesting www.rockauto.com. They had the complete unit (window regulator with motor) for $244.99 plus $8.56 shipping. The way I look at it this web site saved me $250.00 bucks. Oh yeah!!!!
If anybody has any installation tips it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
98 STS
295 Posts
its really pretty easy once you remove the door panel, loosen the clamps at the bottom of the glass and pull the window straight up and use some duct tape to secure it in the up position,then unplug the connectors,then remove the bolts holding the regulator in place(the old one comes out pretty easy because of the slack in cables carefully work the new one in place and reverse the previous procedure, be sure not to overtighten the rubber lined clamps after you drop the glass back in place

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about blocking window from below but wasnt sure what to use or where to place block without interfering with the R$R of the window regulator. Your suggestion sounds great quick and easy and no interference issuses. I expect to get hardware sometime this week so I will pick up a roll of duct tape and do the R&R.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FEDEX delivered my new window regulator last Friday. The installation went smooth. I did the duct tape tip and followed written reply from BIG ERN. Intire installation took about 15 minutes including resecuring electrical connections and door panel. Big Thank You to BIG ERN and Big thank you to all that post how to information on this sight!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts