Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 SLS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Left hand turn signal does not work on my car and the left side brake light is also not functional.

I tried replacing the bulbs but the ones that I pulled out looked okay and this did not fix the problem.

I tried replacing the relay under the dash and that worked briefly but is still intermittent functioning. The hazard light works but even then the rear left light is only dimly flashing.

The sockets all looked good and clean. Is it my steering column switch?

Can someone give me some pointers on how to use a meter to check for ground and current? I read that in several posts but I don't really know how to do any of that.

Any help would be great. I'm pretty stuck at this point with what to do next. :hmm:

·
Registered
1994 SLS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so after I replaced the Relay switch the lights work intermittently but I noticed that one time they did not work until I started tapping the brake pedal and they started working? Any ideas out there about what could be going on? Please?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,936 Posts
Tapping the brake pedal to get them to work is probably coincidental. I don't think there is any relationship. I'd start checking the grounds to be sure they are clean and tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts