Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 clips currently.
This would be from a PCM that has a Race Tune. Very fat (rich)
That is if you believe I can tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33FBYJYCr9s
This is a Tune I am Selling.
98 and 99 VIN Y SLS 150+ MPH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OStm-j1nPTw
But I can not Tune a PCM, so I have been told. GM is the only one in the world that can. :rolleyes:
I drive around with both PCM's. The spare is in the trunk always.
I don't have the tail pipes on, so the Fat program is getting the car dirty

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Nice!

I still need to know however if you've done any 4.9 liter tunes??? If so, please let me know!! :eek:

·
Registered
Nitrous03DHS,AJtune,Corsa,Volant,3.71s,Grille,tinted,stall'd
305 Posts
Illumina,
Not trying to start a war here but, what is the point of a tune on a 4.9. Really you can't get any further away from performance than aluminum block with cast iron heads. I've had a 4.9 in a Seville and I putzed around with it and from my experience it's just one of those motors that you are better off not even wasting your money on when it comes to any type of performance. Then again stuff it in a fiero and I guess instantly it is sort of a performance car. But if it's in a Cady, seriously what's the point.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Illumina,
Not trying to start a war here but, what is the point of a tune on a 4.9. Really you can't get any further away from performance than aluminum block with cast iron heads. I've had a 4.9 in a Seville and I putzed around with it and from my experience it's just one of those motors that you are better off not even wasting your money on when it comes to any type of performance. Then again stuff it in a fiero and I guess instantly it is sort of a performance car. But if it's in a Cady, seriously what's the point.
Because that's what I want to do. Period.

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Why would anyone mod a DHS? Because you can? And you want to? Good enough. Why would anyone mod an '85 Brougham? Because i can? And i want to?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Why would anyone mod a DHS? Because you can? And you want to? Good enough. Why would anyone mod an '85 Brougham? Because i can? And i want to?
Thank you!

I wish people would just stop asking me questions like that and appreciate what I can do with my car; I owe no one an explanation. All I asked was if what's his face did 4.9 tunes, and the next thing you know his buddy wanted to give pointless advice to me. Hell, I don't think I want their business anyways if they're going to treat me like that...

By the way, spread me some points so I can return the favor McFeelerHoochie!!! :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Illumina, First off that is my opinion. Don't involve AJ with anything I said. He can speak for himself. So can I. The idea of modding a 4.9 is pointless. At least the N* is a somewhat performance orientated motor. The 4.9, 4.5, and of course the 4.1 are all NOT performance motors, period. They are nice as stock daily drivers that make no power.

If that is indeed what you do, then figure out a way to put aluminium heads on it, that would certainly get you some HP, because the aluminium block with cast iron heads is such a great idea to achieve performance. Then again if that is what you do then why would you need AJ's help? I've owned 4.9's so I speak from expiereince they are shit. The N* has it's weaknesses but its still a huge step up from the 4.9, PERIOD!!!

Oh and Jonas, change the writing on the picture. There is no such thing as 4100 power. You'd think your first mod would be dumping that motor and installing a 350.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Illumina, First off that is my opinion. Don't involve AJ with anything I said. He can speak for himself. So can I. The idea of modding a 4.9 is pointless. At least the N* is a somewhat performance orientated motor. The 4.9, 4.5, and of course the 4.1 are all NOT performance motors, period. They are nice as stock daily drivers that make no power.

If that is indeed what you do, then figure out a way to put aluminium heads on it, that would certainly get you some HP, because the aluminium block with cast iron heads is such a great idea to achieve performance. Then again if that is what you do then why would you need AJ's help? I've owned 4.9's so I speak from expiereince they are shit. The N* has it's weaknesses but its still a huge step up from the 4.9, PERIOD!!!

Oh and Jonas, change the writing on the picture. There is no such thing as 4100 power. You'd think your first mod would be dumping that motor and installing a 350.

First off man, I didn't ask for your help, so why did you answer for someone else? Second, your advice still remains pointless to me, so quit talking to me if you have nothing to good offer. Third, I can do all kinds of engine work, but I was specifically talking about ECM tuning, which I don't know how to do; where's the issue with wanting to seek help with that?

All I asked was a simple question to AJ, and like you, he apparently has nothing to offer due to his lack of response. That said, why don't you stop talking for AJ and either let him answer me, or shut the Hell up!

This is the end of my discussion with you bro, so feel free to flame away!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well dude. Thought this was a forum so I thought that everyone can write down their opinions. Isn't that the point? I'm not going to flame you. And I do have an appreciation for your love for your 4.9. I was just trying to save you some time and money. Like I said I had one that I spent a chunk of money on looking to gain some performance. I never could get it to hang with a stock N* and that pissed me off after spending the money that I did on it. That is when I realized that it was all a waste of money and that I'd be better off owning a N*. So that's exactly what I did.

I was never speaking for AJ. Never. As I stated earlier, this is just my opinion. That is the point of forums right. Getting opinions from people all over the world. Just trying to save you the headaches that I went through. The 4.9, 4.5, and 4.1 are all nice crusiers. They are all rather reliable nice running engines when stock, there just isn't allot of performance to pull out of them. But I do appreciate your love for them you sound like me 10 years ago. Good Luck modding it, and I mean that its not a smart ass comment.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Well dude. Thought this was a forum so I thought that everyone can write down their opinions. Isn't that the point? I'm not going to flame you. And I do have an appreciation for your love for your 4.9. I was just trying to save you some time and money. Like I said I had one that I spent a chunk of money on looking to gain some performance. I never could get it to hang with a stock N* and that pissed me off after spending the money that I did on it. That is when I realized that it was all a waste of money and that I'd be better off owning a N*. So that's exactly what I did.

I was never speaking for AJ. Never. As I stated earlier, this is just my opinion. That is the point of forums right. Getting opinions from people all over the world. Just trying to save you the headaches that I went through. The 4.9, 4.5, and 4.1 are all nice crusiers. They are all rather reliable nice running engines when stock, there just isn't allot of performance to pull out of them. But I do appreciate your love for them you sound like me 10 years ago. Good Luck modding it, and I mean that its not a smart ass comment.

Alright man, all is good, and since you responded with good will, I'll let you in on a secret, I ran a 14.97 with my G-tech before I blew my tranny...

As for AJ, all I really wanted to know are some ECM things for running forced induction. That was all, but if I can't hack the ECM, I find other ways to get what I want out of it; isn't that the whole challenge of hotrodding?

Also, I'm your age!!!!:rant2: :D

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First off man, I didn't ask for your help, so why did you answer for someone else? Second, your advice still remains pointless to me, so quit talking to me if you have nothing to good offer. Third, I can do all kinds of engine work, but I was specifically talking about ECM tuning, which I don't know how to do; where's the issue with wanting to seek help with that?

All I asked was a simple question to AJ, and like you, he apparently has nothing to offer due to his lack of response. That said, why don't you stop talking for AJ and either let him answer me, or shut the Hell up!

This is the end of my discussion with you bro, so feel free to flame away!
I think I have a program to do it. I puchased a lot of programs and I have not looked at all of them, because I have not needed the older prom type of programing programs.

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Its a joke, buddy.

She will most likely be getting the 472 from my '68. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I knew that Jonas, I mean it must have been. LOL

But that 472, that sounds frick'n COOOOOL!!!

That would be allot of fun, good luck on the install, I'm sure it'll be a pain in the ass.

I really wasn't trying to be a dick more of a smart ass than anything. But GL again, keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I think I have a program to do it. I puchased a lot of programs and I have not looked at all of them, because I have not needed the older prom type of programing programs.
Let me know and the check will be in the mail...or money order!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Alright man, all is good, and since you responded with good will, I'll let you in on a secret, I ran a 14.97 with my G-tech before I blew my tranny...

As for AJ, all I really wanted to know are some ECM things for running forced induction. That was all, but if I can't hack the ECM, I find other ways to get what I want out of it; isn't that the whole challenge of hotrodding?

Also, I'm your age!!!!:rant2: :D
Good time. Take it to a track though, G-tech is a good tool but sometimes not the most accurate, especially the MPH. Impressive non-the-less. Good luck with the tranny.:thumbsup:

Oh and I wasn't refering to your age, just that it was some time since I owned a 4.9.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Good time. Take it to a track though, G-tech is a good tool but sometimes not the most accurate, especially the MPH. Impressive non-the-less. Good luck with the tranny.:thumbsup:

Oh and I wasn't refering to your age, just that it was some time since I owned a 4.9.
Yeah, last time I ran her at the track was September '04 where I ran a 15.33 @90 mph.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts