Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 STS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I get another key and any thoughts on obtaining a remote with out getting soaked by the dealer? Thank you!

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
there was just another thread on this a few days ago

you can pick up keys at the dealer around 50-60 bucks

unless they mark and hike up the price on your but not all do

you can also go to lock smiths and they can do keys around 30-40

remotes best iv found for those is used ones on ebay

or even your locale junkyard

·
Registered
'94 Eldorado '83 Fleetwood
223 Posts
Expect to be asked for your title and your ID as proof of ownership if you go to a dealer or locksmith.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Expect to be asked for your title and your ID as proof of ownership if you go to a dealer or locksmith.
hmm the dealer i went to for a key a few months back never asked me for proof drove in asked them to copy key

the lock smith didn't ask me for proof of ownership eighter that was for a spear key no crest key just generic for dad to keep in case he ever needed it in emergency me i only want the Cadillac crest key thats why i went to the dealer
but they never asked me for proof ownership

must be something where you live then

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS
1,694 Posts
Keys are easy, just buy the correct transponder key from Ebay or where ever, have it cut at your local hardware store or lock smith to match your existing key. Put your original key in the ignition and start the car. Turn the car off take out the original and insert your new key within 10 seconds and turn it to the run position, as soon as the security light goes off (almost immediately) the new key is programmed. You can add as many as 10 keys. Key Fobs have to be programmed with a Tech 2 programmer, either your local dealer or mechanic with the tech 2 can do that in about 10 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts