Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Got a quick question. I just started having an ashtray problem in my 99 STS (the door won't stay shut.) I am going to try to see if I can pull it out and make a repair (with my luck I'll probably have to shell out the dough for a new one. :gun2:) Anyways, I want to know if the proceedure to remove the ashtray assembly is the same as you would do for a 93 - 97 STS. If it's different, can any of you steer me in the right direction please? Any links that show the proceedure for my year STS would be a big help too.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply STSS. Actually, I found an even better more detailed one than that and I have done this on my 93 STS before. What I really want to know is, is there a difference in the proceedure for removing the ashtray housing around the shifter between the older body style (93-97 STS) vs the one that I have (99 STS)? BTW - I was looking around the sides of the ashtray where the springs are to see if I could see anything obvious, and I noticed that there is a coin wedged in there. Hopefully that is my problem.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts